As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Remnants of the Precursors Showcase Game

Brilliant showcase, Dp101 - and from your report at least, it sounded like the cleanup wasn't lengthy or tedious after all, even in spite of the galaxy size and AI-can-declare-final-war setting. That endgame read like classic MoO!

And Brian, depending on when it starts, I'd be happy to try out an SG of the game. Not before I finish map-making for the latest EitB game, but hopefully I can wrap that up moderately soon.

An SG for RotP could be fun. nod I would be interested.

(April 13th, 2024, 13:25)RefSteel Wrote: Brilliant showcase, Dp101 - and from your report at least, it sounded like the cleanup wasn't lengthy or tedious after all, even in spite of the galaxy size and AI-can-declare-final-war setting.  That endgame read like classic MoO!

And Brian, depending on when it starts, I'd be happy to try out an SG of the game.  Not before I finish map-making for the latest EitB game, but hopefully I can wrap that up moderately soon.

Oh yeah, the *end* was swift as hell, it was the 40 turns prior to that last session where I kept thinking it was going to end soon lol. I think on any larger size than the 150 I usually do I'd turn on the setting to make later engines give even more speed than they already do to speed up the later bits of the game, but it feels inappropriate here.

Anyways, an SG would be neat in general but I feel like making this thread innately disqualifies me tongue I hope one goes ahead though! If numbers wind up a struggle, I'd be happy to fill space to ensure it goes through, though it sounds like numbers are coming along nicely.

Oh and attachments seem to be working now, so here's the save from the last turn. 3 battles to do and then you win, mostly sharing it so that you all can watch the replay if you feel like it (replay controls: the buttons are obvious in their function but you can also click the bar at the bottom to jump to any particular point in the game).

Attached Files
.zip   showcase ending.zip (Size: 122.89 KB / Downloads: 1)
Surprise! Turns out I'm a girl!

Cool! Speaking only for myself, but if you wanted to "lead" a team of newish players - a veteran to help pull us out of the messes we make and show us how - I'd certainly welcome the help and advice!

Feels deeply wrong to be referred to as a "vet" for having played more of a remake than someone whose hours on the original probably far outstrip my own combined ones, but sure tongue. Should someone post a thread recruiting for this? Unsure as to proper etiquette, and also it seems up in the air as to when you'll be available due to mapmaking being done so not sure if you'd want to post one now or wait.
Surprise! Turns out I'm a girl!

Thanks for showcasing the game! I'm glad you enjoyed it. You did a pretty good job of covering most of the QOL changes.