As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[LURKERS] Civ 6 PBEM 15: May the Odds be Ever In Your Favor

A amphibious landing without ships.

Suprise. I would also call the game.

The game has been over for months now, probably around the time sub and pin decided to throw their massive armies at each other rather than Woden. We're just waiting for - well, just suboptimal at this point to recognize it. I think if Woden smacks his coastal cities around a bit that should be enough for him to throw in the sponge.
I Think I'm Gwangju Like It Here

A blog about my adventures in Korea, and whatever else I feel like writing about.

(October 15th, 2019, 10:50)pindicator Wrote: Sorry to anyone still following. I think the long recess killed any momentum or interest I still had in this game. Or maybe it was the poorly executed war. In any case, consider this as an announcement that I'm ready to concede to whomever whenever. Probably Woden: he's got more cities than Suboptimal and I combined. 

(October 27th, 2019, 20:06)suboptimal Wrote: I am curious to see how this plays out between Pindicator and Woden.  I may or may not survive long enough to see.  However, lurkers, I will say this.  If Pindicator starts to wave the concession flag, please stop by to let me know.  I think once one of the “big boys” in this game is waving the flag it’s time to pack it in and consider PBEM 17.

I believe that this concludes the game. Anyone opposed to our notifying the players and wrapping things up?

A blog about my adventures in Korea, and whatever else I feel like writing about.

I think Pindicator and sub made both their concessions conditional, but both conditions have been meet. GO FOR IT--FOR GREAT JUSTICE!!!!!!!

(October 20th, 2019, 17:51)Chevalier Mal Fet Wrote: Why is Woden letting most of the Greek army just sort of straggle past his line of frigates? He knows suboptimal has no navy to speak of, so why not go ahead and declare war and start sinking those units? Sub would never be able to get enough past the frigates to do anything once the frigates start defending, and then Woden can go ahead and start a close blockade of the Greek coast. Sub can attack into the chokepoint at Tornado or not all. 

I get that he's getting more tourism at the moment, but it certainly seems he's not fooled at all by sub's shuffling of units, so he knows war is coming sooner or later. Why not just squash everything now?

I am sure timing of this post was a little off because I think I declared shortly after it was posted. I waited to declare to make sure I could attack his units while they were still in the water. They were softer targets in the water and, as you can see, was able to kill them with 2 shots from a Frigate where the one that actually landed took 2 crossbows, a musket, a cuirassier, and a horseman to kill. My biggest worry was declaring to early and him being able to retreat back home and me not inflicting as mush harm as I could. Also, I tried to get suzerain of Antananaviro so I could kick out his Amani, but as luck would have it, he was able to regain it.

(October 28th, 2019, 11:09)Woden Wrote:
(October 20th, 2019, 17:51)Chevalier Mal Fet Wrote: Why is Woden letting most of the Greek army just sort of straggle past his line of frigates? He knows suboptimal has no navy to speak of, so why not go ahead and declare war and start sinking those units? Sub would never be able to get enough past the frigates to do anything once the frigates start defending, and then Woden can go ahead and start a close blockade of the Greek coast. Sub can attack into the chokepoint at Tornado or not all. 

I get that he's getting more tourism at the moment, but it certainly seems he's not fooled at all by sub's shuffling of units, so he knows war is coming sooner or later. Why not just squash everything now?

I am sure timing of this post was a little off because I think I declared shortly after it was posted. I waited to declare to make sure I could attack his units while they were still in the water. They were softer targets in the water and, as you can see, was able to kill them with 2 shots from a Frigate where the one that actually landed took 2 crossbows, a musket, a cuirassier, and a horseman to kill. My biggest worry was declaring to early and him being able to retreat back home and me not inflicting as mush harm as I could. Also, I tried to get suzerain of Antananaviro so I could kick out his Amani, but as luck would have it, he was able to regain it.

Yeah, you declared like in your very next post after I asked that question.