As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Pindicator Walks With Dinosaurs

Sucks, but at least it will be a quick death, right? frown
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

Yeah. There's always that silver lining...

Too much against me this game to get away with even a small mistake. If I hadn't lost all those early units to animals then I would have met Thoth a lot earlier and known just how close he was, or gotten graphs in time to see the power spikes. (I think I get graphs next turn. )
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

Holy shit

[Image: pb19%20-%20turn059%20-%20fuck%20this%20shit.jpg]

6 impis? Forget Archery; even if I had teched it I never had a chance.
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

Also, just how close is Thoth anyways? It seems like he's a hell of a lot closer than this would imply:

(April 10th, 2014, 13:28)Commodore Wrote: Map: Xenu given "Cylindrical, PB9-style Full of Resources lakes with islands added for IC-TRs. 200+ tiles per player (more spread out than normal)" as a general idea.

I'm sure I"ll find out shortly rolleye

Anyway, I'm too pissed off to play. I may not play. Just let it roll if I don't, this is game over anyway.
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

There literally is nothing I can do.

I'm losing the capital. Period. Never mind all that overflow I have ready to go into a --- admittedly a warrior. Thoth will take the city before I can do that.

Once I lose the capital then Allosaurus loses its food. Fitting end to the leech of a city. Sad - I just got it to where I could 4-turn workers out of it for as long as I needed workers.

I have no forests i can chop in the time I have.

I guess bravo to Thoth for masking the attack. Not like I had graphs against him to see the build up -- and I did swap EP to him at my first chance. This tells me he was building impi from the moment he saw me. Which means he had copper hooked up all along -- HEY, isn't that a novel idea? Giving someone Copper where they can actually USE it and not be choked out by the Zulu before they can even reach it! HOW FUCKING BRILLIANT A CONCEPT IS THAT!

Ahem, excuse me. As I was saying, Kudos to Thoth for the execution. He'll wipe me out in 3 turns, and unless the RNG gods smite him down out of a sense of malice (against him and me both), then there's nothing I can do to stop it.

I could run with that settler and plant something up by TBS in 3 turns. But why would I want to do that?

I suppose I should delete all my workers. He's getting enough for free as it is.
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

So all units are deleted. Nothing in city queues. I won't spite whip them down -- funny that i draw the line there of all places.
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

In the end, Thoth ended up being the better dinosaur. smile

[Image: JurassicThoth.jpg]
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player