As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

PBEM 6 organization thread

Joined.

You need to select 6-arm Snowflake as map type ... the map is not actually a six-arm Snowflake, but the worldbuilder workaround that we figured out requires this as the map type.

So he has to recreate again? Can he set it to join in progress or does every one have to join again?

(November 18th, 2017, 08:21)Cornflakes Wrote: You need to select 6-arm Snowflake as map type ... the map is not actually a six-arm Snowflake, but the worldbuilder workaround that we figured out requires this as the map type.

Two questions:
- what map size did you use?  I thought we were playing on Tiny but PYDT is reporting the map is small when I try to upload the save (and now won't accept a save for this game, either).

- when I tried to upload the map for the first game PYDT was reporting the map file as BalancedStart.civ6map.  Is that the snowflake map?

Looks like I have to try this again (ugh).  I apologize profusely for my smoke in setting this up.  Maybe I'm getting it out of my system in the pre-game or something.

OK.   The game needs to be set up with the 6-arm snowflake map, small, 4 players, all DLC activated, standard game speed.  

Here's the link: https://www.playyourdamnturn.com/game/aa...0cf555d5a9

Password is 6RBPBEM.

Cornflakes, can you take a look and make sure this looks right?

Let me know when you want me to join.

Ehm suboptimal, it seems that you put max human players at 2...

Ugh....it's fixed now.

(November 18th, 2017, 10:20)Emperor K Wrote: Let me know when you want me to join.

Now?

Are you not able to adjust settings one the game is created? I think those settings are correct. The map is tiny, however the 6-arm snowflake is hard coded to small in the game setup so I think it is correct to have it set to small in PYDT. Confusing, but such is the nature of workarounds ... come on Firaxis, give us a working WorldBuilder  rolleye