As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Poll: How then shall we play?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Repeat the mistakes and glories of the past!
22.41%
13 22.41%
Wallow in bitterness and rage!
15.52%
9 15.52%
Peace out blissfully and love everyone!
15.52%
9 15.52%
Iron Terminator, Win Above All Else!
20.69%
12 20.69%
Die to Barbarians.
25.86%
15 25.86%
Total 58 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

[spoilers]Oh Canada! Victoria has a Commodore, eh?

Doing requests? My dad's cousin had a nice place on Green Lake in BC. Bit of a tiny town up by 100 Mile House, though the nearest town that isn't just a gas station and a general store would be Clinton. Have to go a bit farther north (Prince George) or south (Kamloops) for anything that will show on a map. Beautiful country, though. I miss that place.
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

If you are taking requests...kill everyone please.
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

(May 26th, 2014, 17:37)Krill Wrote: If you are taking requests...kill everyone please.

yes!

Do you have a Fort Erie yet? Its right over the border from Buffalo and I drank many, many times there when I was underage. (Drinking age is 19 in Canada.) (Also Canadian beer is stronger.) (Also kill everyone.)
I've got some dirt on my shoulder, can you brush it off for me?

Okay, on the killing everyone front; Dtay tossed some random units at my landed stack outside of Sleeper and killed a few, while losing a few himself. He also was a clever boy and figured out how many killers I had and stuffed exactly one more unit than that in the town. But I'm magic, man, so boom go the Arty...

...bam goes the cavalry...

...and SHAZZZZAM goes the magic!

Okay, so what happened is that Artillery is badass, and redlined more or less every defender, particularly after zeppelins led with bombs. The famous great general "Great General" was born in Ottawa, so he was swiftly pushed over to link up with a transport, loaded with some dudes. Then, transport promotes Nav2, and viola! Final killer. smug

So I will say, burning Sleeper was hideously painful. Holy infrastructure, Batman!

In the end, though, reinforcements are auguring in, so the city burns, the cavalry flee, and the remaining infantry/arty get deleted. Hope that was helpful, Old Fins!

Mackoti is dicking around with this, of course, so oil and money are flowing into Germany to build modern fleet units. I'm going to try to blockade the whole nation but it's going to be hard. So meanwhile, enjoy some defense stripping buddy!

I don't expect to make any more hay in India any longer, but I'm positioning the remnants of my Sleeper assault to threaten Jetboy and We Returned.

I'm rushbuying task forces in Alert and Charlottetown now, to open up further assaults on the northern German ice islands. But for now, it's just peaceful relaxation in Canada-land:

If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

Have you already done a segment on a day in the life of an airship crewman? Also, having never made it to the industrial age in an MP game, how much of an impact do you think your airships had in the raid on Sleeper? I never even build that many in SP games.

Completed: PB 28, PBEM 55, PB 18, PBEM 60, some other stuff, PB 2

(May 27th, 2014, 09:36)Whosit Wrote: Have you already done a segment on a day in the life of an airship crewman? Also, having never made it to the industrial age in an MP game, how much of an impact do you think your airships had in the raid on Sleeper? I never even build that many in SP games.
I've mulled on a day in the life, but I keep running into the problem of all my early airship schema being infected by this movie:

The airships were pretty vital against Sleeper, I'm pretty sure they let me kill the city. First of all, Intelligence is key; I would have never landed at all if I didn't see where Dtay's siege was...and wasn't. But even more, they were awesome for taking 20% off the top of the few healthy defenders he had. That being said, they aren't perfect...they work best weakening a few key top defenders, they're pretty rubbish at hurting healthy stacks. Or, for that matter, units with a much higher base strength than infantry.

I opened the turn to find Dtay offering me W-Town, one of his tundra islands, for peace. I countered by offering peace for 5/6 of his remaining island cities. I'm taking them anyway buddy. Meanwhile, I bombed down the defenders of We Returned enough for some semi-decent odds.

I lost the 23%, 30%, and 43% battles with the first infantries, but then cleaned up at fine odds with the remainder. Three infantry to kill two infantry and a machine gun is pretty much expected odds. Then, finally:

Burned, cavalry deleted.

In my largest cities, war weariness is unfortunately A Thing. Montreal is somehow my biggest now, actually...

...so I'm seeking some assistance from my lovely war allies, who thus far are the real ones to have gained from all the ruckus. Plako is about to finish Industrialism so I'm going to lose ivory happy, alas. But I'll be able to see Aluminum!

I'm in snipe mode now as the bulk of my transports go shuffling back to the mainland for another load of infantry/arty, this time island-bound. Charlottetown also gets a Biology farm, woot!

I'm not about to crack Jetboy's massive garrison, so I'm running a couple transports down to the Babylonians and otherwise just blockading the south here. By the way TBS...why on earth isn't Jetboy 2E,1N?

Finally, the north. I'm more or less blockading completely this sector; his capital western side will be riskier but I've got to at least try to completely choke him out here. So glad to have non-broken blockades to play with.

Out of curiosity, how many destroyers would you actually need to completely encircle dtay's coasts?

Completed: PB 28, PBEM 55, PB 18, PBEM 60, some other stuff, PB 2

Quote:By the way TBS...why on earth isn't Jetboy 2E,1N?

I don't even remember considering it tbh, perhaps because we already had our fishing+religion plan set before we saw the marble. We didn't know about the clam there either and it would have taken two turns to move. Looking at the situation now with all the information, I'd say it probably would have been better, but not by much.

Since this my first check in here; Nice Thread! goodjob I think I might be rooting for Dtay in this conflict though, I'm still sad to see Sleeper burned to the ground and I'm afraid you have similar desires on Jetboy. nono