As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Poll: How then shall we play?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Repeat the mistakes and glories of the past!
22.41%
13 22.41%
Wallow in bitterness and rage!
15.52%
9 15.52%
Peace out blissfully and love everyone!
15.52%
9 15.52%
Iron Terminator, Win Above All Else!
20.69%
12 20.69%
Die to Barbarians.
25.86%
15 25.86%
Total 58 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

[spoilers]Oh Canada! Victoria has a Commodore, eh?

(June 1st, 2014, 19:38)Ceiliazul Wrote: sirian awaits the discovery of flight!
Damn straight. But transports are pretty scary in their own right, particularly when you're dogpiling a victim. Dtay oddly didn't feel like letting these fellows survive. mischief
Now you see them:

Now you don't!

My turn, being a massive symphony of logistics and carnage to conduct, is hardly over but I did commence with the softening up a bit more. Briggs is going to be under assault in a good three turns I believe; time for my reinforcement train to arrive.

All these troops running around have me bumping down to 80% break even. frown That still gets me marines/battleships/tanks in three turns though!
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

4000bpt. Jesus.
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

just short of a 3t Industrialism. #omghax

(June 2nd, 2014, 10:23)Krill Wrote: 4000bpt. Jesus.

All hail Her Majesty's Trading Corporation.

so how much is Portugal worth at this point? FIN?

(June 2nd, 2014, 11:35)Ceiliazul Wrote: so how much is Portugal worth at this point? FIN?
Quite a lot; obviously it doubles the output of my coasts. And I am running neck-and-neck with Ichabod/2metraninja for lowest land amount in the game; clearly it is my vast coasts that are boosting this all. Couple with it my trade routes boosts from the feitorias, and the bank profusion from Fin...it's a big heavy part of the economy I'm running here. But of course this is where I've been aiming for two hundred turns.

I actually was speaking with Brick about this a while back. It is an interesting "what if" to consider if I'd kept my first roll here:
(July 15th, 2013, 16:07)BRickAstley Wrote: LEADER/CIV:
Your first generated Leader/Civ combination is:

Cyrus of Egypt

Please state in bold in your thread whether you want to keep or reroll this combination. If you do not keep it, you can have up to 2 more combinations generated for you.
My game would have been completely and utterly different. Given the map pop still on turn 2 I probably would have War Chariot rushed the Vikings from the fog, and then played a land-heavy game with three civs' land (because Nakor and knights...) Kind of like a northern hemisphere Mackoti, actually. Who knows, of course. The point is I'd have had viable game plans with a different civ and traits, but those plans, and my empire/economy setup, would be very different.

That would be a sad world because I wouldn't have been Canada, then, though. frown

(June 2nd, 2014, 11:16)Kofiman Wrote:
(June 2nd, 2014, 10:23)Krill Wrote: 4000bpt. Jesus.
All hail Her Majesty's Trading Corporation.
Amen. Hopefully, the upshot is that I can carry out this war and make gains without falling behind on the tech front. I've got a monopoly on Divine Right so Versailles could make German land pretty much pure profit quickly. My fourth place might become a much much closer fourth place!

Not sure if I could launch a spaceship before Plako or Cyneheard/Scooter, or before Mackoti goes Legendary, however.

I find Fort Erie building Culture pretty amusing. Mostly something we used to call the Canadian Ballet... I'll leave what that is to the readers' imagination. lol
I've got some dirt on my shoulder, can you brush it off for me?

No, Scooter. Bad boy! Don't even think about it. shakeheadduhnono

Are we looking at his transport? Or using the name Nate Burleson?