As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Poll: How am i going to act this PB?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Like a crazed rabies infected rat.
21.43%
3 21.43%
Like a monk.
28.57%
4 28.57%
Flip flop randomly every X turns (please state your number)
50.00%
7 50.00%
Total 14 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Pb70) Superdeath and the return of memes.

(April 24th, 2023, 08:11)Cornflakes Wrote: Looking good! Hindu shrine is OK, but ultimately you probably want to focus on spreading the AP religion. Pausing the prophet and using GLH merchant for a trade mission to rush towards Paper (with Bureaucracy along the way) and sniping University of Sankore while Ginger/scooter grab AP might be the better play.

By "rush towards Paper" I do not literally mean take the direct path towards paper ... rather speed up the research along the path. Something like Math > Currency > Calendar (MoM) using the merchant trade mission gold ... launch MoM-boosted GA with 2nd GPerson, aiming for Bureaucracy by end of GA.

Almost forgot about trade mission gold.. Was fully in the MUST BULB.....
"Superdeath seems to have acquired a rep for aggression somehow. [Image: noidea.gif] In this game that's going to help us because he's going to go to the negotiating table with twitchy eyes and slightly too wide a grin and terrify the neighbors into favorable border agreements, one-sided tech deals and staggered NAPs."
-Old Harry. PB48.

Trade mission to an island city should be 1100-1300 gold

(April 24th, 2023, 20:27)Cornflakes Wrote: Trade mission to an island city should be 1100-1300 gold

Sounds good to me. So, Gmerchant for trade mission- Gprophet for shrine, then rest for GA's?
"Superdeath seems to have acquired a rep for aggression somehow. [Image: noidea.gif] In this game that's going to help us because he's going to go to the negotiating table with twitchy eyes and slightly too wide a grin and terrify the neighbors into favorable border agreements, one-sided tech deals and staggered NAPs."
-Old Harry. PB48.

[Image: u12oVou.jpg]

Bing with a galley. Now, of course he can take the city with anything.. (skirms would be most likely AND hardest to deal with) Ive asked him some probing questions in discord to maybe push him towards not declaring if that was his initial intention. Im hoping this galley is just to explore or settle his stone island.

Whats the over-under on Bing not nuking trade routes/his like only ally? I give it 70% odds he captures/razes the city.
-Old Harry. PB48.

just got confirmation via discord that he is just settling with that galley... Thankfully.
-Old Harry. PB48.

Did I read the diplo thread correctly that MJMD settled 7 cities this turn then landed Hanging Gardens?

(April 26th, 2023, 04:46)Cornflakes Wrote: Did I read the diplo thread correctly that MJMD settled 7 cities this turn then landed Hanging Gardens?

Yep!

[Image: 115Kb0s.jpg]

[Image: RaiAVZ8.jpg]

[Image: uWMJYHm.jpg]
Trying not to screw up too much from your brilliant early game micro scared
-Old Harry. PB48.

[Image: CCmMfQW.jpg]
Helped engineer an embargo (open borders) on Mjmd to slow him down. Pointed Mjmd's potential fury at Scooter. Charriu's tech lead will be lessened now that im churning thru techs. Ive grabbed math-currency-metal casting-soon to be Code of laws, all within 10t. Mjmd grabbed the MoM, Charriu has the Glibrary, and scooter has his UU. Bing is... Bing.

Any questions?
-Old Harry. PB48.

(May 8th, 2023, 01:40)superdeath Wrote: Any questions?

In hindsight, how would you rate Egypt for this start?
Where do you go from here?
Does the map meet your expectations?
Playing: PB74
Played: PB58 - PB59 - PB62 - PB66 - PB67
Dedlurked: PB56 (Amicalola) - PB72 (Greenline)
Maps: PB60 - PB61 - PB63 - PB68 - PB70 - PB73 - PB76

There are two kinds of people in the world: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data