As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Medieval Start PitBoss

Also, no strong preference on Vikings (unless Thoth is allowed to play them and I suffer because of it, then I was against them all along)

(February 15th, 2024, 05:16)Tarkeel Wrote:
(February 15th, 2024, 04:30)Thoth Wrote: I'll take Scandinavia.

In the interest of an interesting game, I believe vikings might be best banned. (Yes, this is the one I was fishing for by asking for a ban-list earlier, but I probably should have been clearer)

YES PLEASE
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

It's difficult to talk about this now, but I have mixed feelings. I picked 5th partly with the expectation that Vikings would go 1st, and I likely would have picked 1st in the event Vikings were banned. In other words, I skipped them in the interest of trying something different but also suspect they may be ban-worthy. (And lurkers can see I explicitly wrote this in my thread yesterday.)

So there's a part of me that would want to change draft slots if we banned them.

(I'm also a tad leery of the second-order effects of banning them, but it's possible I'm overstating that.)

Also it warms my heart to know they're being considered for bans when essentially nobody even bothered to pick or consider them in the last Medieval Pitboss.

How about I simply pick leaders and civs for everyone?
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

(February 15th, 2024, 09:28)Krill Wrote: How about I simply pick leaders and civs for everyone?

But drafting is fun. smile

Ok I've thought about it, and I'm fine both banning Vikings and keeping my current spot in the snake order. I think it's primarily up to Thoth and whether he's OK picking something else or not.

I think it's a little unfair to talk about banning a civ right after Thoth picks it, so if he wants to hold on to Scandinavia I'm fine with that.
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

(February 15th, 2024, 10:52)pindicator Wrote: I think it's a little unfair to talk about banning a civ right after Thoth picks it, so if he wants to hold on to Scandinavia I'm fine with that.

I was probably unclear, so to clarify, I agree with this. Up to him 100%.

From my POV of fairness, if you change the rules (bans) after players started making decisions (where to snake pick), you should back up and redo those decisions so players can account for the changed rules. Even if Scooter is okay at 5th/6th anyway, others might want to have a different position if there's less need to pick a civ at the top of the order.

(February 15th, 2024, 11:09)scooter Wrote:
(February 15th, 2024, 10:52)pindicator Wrote: I think it's a little unfair to talk about banning a civ right after Thoth picks it, so if he wants to hold on to Scandinavia I'm fine with that.

I was probably unclear, so to clarify, I agree with this. Up to him 100%.

For what my opinion is worth, completely agree with this as well.
Playing: PB74
Played: PB58 - PB59 - PB62 - PB66 - PB67
Dedlurked: PB56 (Amicalola) - PB72 (Greenline)
Maps: PB60 - PB61 - PB63 - PB68 - PB70 - PB73 - PB76

There are two kinds of people in the world: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data