As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Rebalancing Civ4: RtR Mod

Just throwing this out there, I expect the next 4 posts to be shooting this down (with different reasons in each post), but why not let EXP have +1 fpt in city tiles, +35% workers/WB and tweak the buildings to fit?
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

+1f/city tile is IMO about 50% stronger yield, and on top of that it will be a boost in all cities instead of just ~75% of them. To make that fair with building boosts, I think you would need the trait to also give maybe -25% granary production or worse. tongue

+1f/city tile with no other effects would be a pretty strong trait.

Yeahh, that would be better than the Agricultural trait from Civ3, and that thing was pretty strong
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

Counterpoint: cities are not just the central tile but the sum of the population working the additional tiles. 1fpt when you have 10 pop isn't an awful lot (nor is 1 hpt). Hell, by turn 15 it is the difference between having an irrigated rice or irrigated corn.

That said, I don't think it's a good idea.

Also, Pin got the reference smile

Commodore Wrote:A reason you killed corporations is that the "free stuff in city tile" is antithetical to Civ4's design, isn't it?

Well, that was because of feedback from corps feeding each other and the sheer amount of output from corps made it impossible to balance the rest of the game as some civs would have corps and others didn't.

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

Fuck it. I don't care any more.

People happy with the following for EXP?

+35% production of Workers and Work Boats. +2 Health per city. +100% production of Market, Grocers, Aqueducts and Harbours.

I have less concerns about putting more buffs in the mid game, that EXP can access after or around T75, than are available from T0 (Though I view Aqueducts as a late game bonus TBH). The main issue is that there aren't many buffs that could be implemented that really fit the theme of EXP.

Yeah, I think that's okay. It's pretty awesome for running a casteless SE as it is, and the Aqueduct boost is a small but real bonus in factory times.
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

I think the last thing to really discuss is Espionage, but truth be told Plako is better at describing the problems with it.

Basically I'm of the opinion that half of the missions need to get either removed or drastic cost increases: revolt civic and religion were moved back to future tech (so basically removed). Revolt city needs removing as it can destroy game play based around victory conditions. Tech Stealing needs cost rebalanced. Counter espionage doesn't work in sequential games so realistically needs removing and the costs of every mission need doubling to take that into account.

I'd be perfectly happy to never play another game with espionage on, so I don't really trust my opinion on how to fix these problems.

That looks fine for EXP to me.

(July 13th, 2013, 17:12)Krill Wrote: I think the last thing to really discuss is Espionage, but truth be told Plako is better at describing the problems with it.

Basically I'm of the opinion that half of the missions need to get either removed or drastic cost increases: revolt civic and religion were moved back to future tech (so basically removed). Revolt city needs removing as it can destroy game play based around victory conditions. Tech Stealing needs cost rebalanced. Counter espionage doesn't work in sequential games so realistically needs removing and the costs of every mission need doubling to take that into account.

I'd be perfectly happy to never play another game with espionage on, so I don't really trust my opinion on how to fix these problems.

About the spying, how about making the missions cost gold, making the EPs determine only which the missions are possible and how much they cost (so EPs dont get spent).