As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[PB58] Tarkeel and Amicalola's rule through fear

Gold Variant 2: Settles gold on T28, Red on T41, Pink on T48. 3 workers on T50, ignores stonehenge and goes for wheel->fishing->sailing due T53. Much better economy, Red is just coming online to build settlers and gold is contributing.
Gold Variant 3: Settles gold on T28, Red on T41, Pink on T48. 3 workers on T50 (4th on T52), builds Stonehenge in red T55 and goes mysticism->wheel->fishing->sailing, due on T60.

Very comparable to Red2. It really comes down to if we want to go for Stonehenge,and how early we think it will be built.

Edit: Added Variant 3, which might be the strongest yet. It completes a barracks in Coruscant as well while growing.
Playing: PB74
Played: PB58 - PB59 - PB62 - PB66 - PB67
Dedlurked: PB56 (Amicalola) - PB72 (Greenline)
Maps: PB60 - PB61 - PB63 - PB68 - PB70 - PB73 - PB76

There are two kinds of people in the world: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data

Turn 17+18 (3280 BC)
Both Ruff and us grew on T17, while Serdoa grew on T18. The scout is exploring what's beyond the NE peninsula, and the warrior takes a quick peak down south before heading towards gold or red.

Danger! Danger! Marble spotted in the northeast quadrant! Also, we found another copper in the south. Oh, and a forest grew near Coruscant, so all our sims are slightly off.

Demographics
T17:

T18:

There are two kinds of people in the world: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data

(January 13th, 2021, 15:16)Tarkeel Wrote: Gold Variant 2: Settles gold on T28, Red on T41, Pink on T48. 3 workers on T50, ignores stonehenge and goes for wheel->fishing->sailing due T53. Much better economy, Red is just coming online to build settlers and gold is contributing.
Gold Variant 3: Settles gold on T28, Red on T41, Pink on T48. 3 workers on T50 (4th on T52), builds Stonehenge in red T55 and goes mysticism->wheel->fishing->sailing, due on T60.

Very comparable to Red2. It really comes down to if we want to go for Stonehenge,and how early we think it will be built.

Edit: Added Variant 3, which might be the strongest yet. It completes a barracks in Coruscant as well while growing.

Okay not bad. But building an early barracks is a bit of a waste. Don't need a barracks until much much later. Another 2 units is way more effective in early stages than a barracks. 

I like building Henge around T55-T60 I think that's early enough. 

I'm not 100% sure what's best. I need to play through it myself to really be sure about your and Amica's sim runs. Could you send me the worldbuilder sim you're using?  My email: lewwyn@gmail.com
“The wind went mute and the trees in the forest stood still. It was time for the last tale.”

Worth noting that my sim run is now obsolete as we're building a settler. Oh well, it's fairly similar in outcome to Gold3, with slower expansion by T50 but faster tech and a complete road network between cities. I will mourn my baby. cry

Edit: I do think Gold3 is probably better though, or at worst equal, as it feels better to road T50-60 with Red Dot out earlier, than vice-versa.
Past Games: PB51  -  PB55  -  PB56  -  PB58 (Tarkeel's game)  - PB59  -  PB60  -  PB64  -  PB66  -  PB68 (Miguelito's game)     Current Games: None (for now...)

E-mail sent, you can also reach me on the Discord.

I think 55 should be early enough for Stonehenge, but it does come with a hefty price tag in both hammers and beakers. I think the gold 3 variant is best though. The plan isn't polished and could be improved, the barracks was more a placeholder while growing.

Wow the spreadsheets are intense.
“The wind went mute and the trees in the forest stood still. It was time for the last tale.”

I don't think I'll be keeping those updated for much longer, but it's kinda fun for now.

Now I want to see those spreadsheets too. mischief
Mods: RtR    CtH

Pitboss: PB39, PB40PB52, PB59 Useful Collections: Pickmethods, Mapmaking, Curious Civplayer

Buy me a coffee

After much discussion, we've settled on variant 3 of gold first. The rough plan is to send the first settler w/warrior to Gold, which will grow on a warrior before building the settler for pink dot. Worker#1 chops out worker#2 before going to improve the sheep at gold just as AH finishes, while the capital builds a settler for Red, which slowbuilds Stonehenge due on T55. There's still some details to work out, such as what to do with the capital after those settlers.

Tech-wise we're going BronzeWorking->AnimalHusbandry->Mysticism->Wheel->Fishing->Sailing (due T60ish). Economy takes a dip around here as we're waiting for the second gold and trade routes to come online.

Turn 19+20 (3200 BC)
I missed my morning window today, so instead I get to play a double turn while eating lunch. It wasn't that long ago I jokingly observed that Superdeath was playing almost exclusively doubleturns, and now I'm suddenly doing the same. AT got his initial land score this turn, and it's low enough that I don't think it includes a growth or tech.

After some careful risk calculation, we decided to scout south with the warrior for two more turns before joining the settler and gold. This is something I wouldn't do if barbarians were around, but now they meet up at the sheep on T26.

No new food in the south, just more stinky jungle. I feel vindicated in not exploring this earlier. Meanwhile, in the north...

This area tastes like "not ours" after the landbridge. I'm not hopeful for how much we can steal past the two filler cities.

Demographics
T19:

T20: