As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

PB58 Tech Thread

I don't mind as long as it is set to Standard size because else sims done will be off and that could change civs chosen.

Yes, standard size is the map setting
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

Just wanted to inform you that I talked with Ramk on civforum. Everything is fine. He just had to handle the aftermath of the holidays.
Mods: RtR    CtH

Pitboss: PB39, PB40PB52, PB59 Useful Collections: Pickmethods, Mapmaking, Curious Civplayer

Buy me a coffee

Hello guys,

the game is now running on Zulan's server. Please check if the options were set correctly smile

The game is listed on PBSpy here:
https://civ.zulan.net/pbspy/game/108/

I prefer to set all required links, e.g. mod upates, on PBSpy to avoid editing old entries in this thread, etc.
Moreover, on PBSpy you also find the opportunity to enable email notifications for new rounds (requires registration).

Thank you Ramk smile Happy new years!
Playing: PB74
Played: PB58 - PB59 - PB62 - PB66 - PB67
Dedlurked: PB56 (Amicalola) - PB72 (Greenline)
Maps: PB60 - PB61 - PB63 - PB68 - PB70 - PB73 - PB76

There are two kinds of people in the world: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data

In the last years I've added superdeath as game admin in all RB games. From my side of view this was a good decision and I want say „Thank you, Superdeath“, for helping out on this administration tasks like pauses/reloads!

Some weeks ago an user wrote me he is unhappy with superdeath choice, especially when he also participates in the game.
I do not intend to judge about details of his subjective/personal arguments or publish the name of the user (of course he could do this himself), but this leads to some kind of a dilemma for me.

To resolve the problem I decided to change my default approach and do not add any user directly as game admin.
My call to the participants of this game: Please discuss who should be selected as admin send me a PM after.

As overview… every game admin as access to following options on PBSpy:
• Toggle pause
• Save and load game files
• Change timer of current round
• Change timer of next rounds
• End whole turn
• End turn of player
• Change password of player
• Set color set of players
• Kick player (set to AI)
• Send chat messages
• Set/Read MotD (Mesage of the day. Displayed after login)
• Deleting all ingame signs

Options, which an game admin can not do (but I):
• Reading chat messages
• Reading signs
• Changing the 'game password'. (without this you can not load saves locally).
• Changing ingame stuff like player gold.
• Direct access to the game over python command line.

Admin suggestions: Charriu, Pindicator, SD

The complainer is probably the team who played clock games in PB55.

I think the standpoint that one of the participants should not also govern game-wide settings makes sense. Therefore if Charriu and pindicator would be willing to take the role of admin for this game I agree with you Jowy that they would be a good fit.

Not an endorsement of anyone. I just wanted to say that one advantage and reason why SD was admin in the past, is that a participant observes the game state more regularly and is faster to pause the game or react to anything
Mods: RtR    CtH

Pitboss: PB39, PB40PB52, PB59 Useful Collections: Pickmethods, Mapmaking, Curious Civplayer

Buy me a coffee

I'm fine with SD as admin, to be honest. I've seen nothing in the games he's played and admined that indicates that he's doing anything shady.

Either way is fine.

Ram - did you mean to make the port 3058, as opposed to 2058?
Completed:  PBEM 34g (W), 36 , 35 , 5o, 34s, 5p, 42, 48 and PB 9, 18, 27, 57

Current:  PB 52.  Boudicca of Maya