As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Politics Discussion Thread (Heated Arguing Warning)

(August 31st, 2018, 15:01)Cheron Wrote: ...also in the article:
Quote:A 2009 government settlement in a case litigated by the American Civil Liberties Union seemed to have mostly put an end to the passport denials. (...) But under President Trump, the passport denials and revocations appear to be surging, becoming part of a broader interrogation into the citizenship of people who have lived, voted and worked in the United States for their entire lives.

Thus, it doesn't seem implausible to say that the Trump administration seems to be 'especially' extensive in their interrogation, no?

That has been claimed by an attorney they quote, but has been disputed by the State Department.

(August 31st, 2018, 15:12)Japper007 Wrote:
(August 31st, 2018, 11:56)ipecac Wrote: the fascist-phobic lunatic

If being afraid of Fasism is now "lunacy", then I don't want to be sane.

Nicolae just has a complex about fascists. That aside, the slow failure of globalism and the rise of nationalism might drive you insane anyway.

ipecac Wrote:That has been claimed by an attorney they quote, but has been disputed by the State Department.

You seemed not to critizise the claim of the article but someones reaction to it. Did I misunderstand?

(August 31st, 2018, 15:33)ipecac Wrote: Nicolae just has a complex about fascists. That aside, the slow failure of globalism and the rise of nationalism might drive you insane anyway.

You keep throwing this out there, still without any basis. One narrow "victory" in the US (again, Trump did not have popular support by a significant margin) does not a culture shift make. What's more the US still moronically believes patriotism is a good thing, so it should be the easiest election for "nationalists" to win, and they still didn't manage it. 

I've yet to see evidence from you of "nationalism" winning anywhere. Meanwhile the sane part of Europe still manages to keep the "nationalists" a fringe party filled with idiots, directly contradicting you.

Italy's "the league"?

Labels aside as an American whenever I see "guilty until proven innocent I want to puke". What's described in that article is reprehensible.

Darrell

(August 31st, 2018, 15:46)Cheron Wrote: You seemed not to critizise the claim of the article but someones reaction to it.

Yes. Though the article is bad too.

From what I understand, the rules are that you need proof to be a citizen, which is a necessary criterion for benefits of citizenship like a passport. Since the proof of citizenship is in doubt, then additional proof is requested. And if sufficient additional proof can't be found, then there is no proof that the person in question is a citizen, so he simply can't be afforded the benefits by the rules.

This is not particularly difficult reasoning.

(August 31st, 2018, 16:47)Japper007 Wrote:
(August 31st, 2018, 15:33)ipecac Wrote: Nicolae just has a complex about fascists. That aside, the slow failure of globalism and the rise of nationalism might drive you insane anyway.

You keep throwing this out there, still without any basis. One narrow "victory" in the US (again, Trump did not have popular support by a significant margin) does not a culture shift make. What's more the US still moronically believes patriotism is a good thing, so it should be the easiest election for "nationalists" to win, and they still didn't manage it. 

By the actual metric of victory, electoral votes were 304 to 227.

How about you count the number of additional votes Clinton would have needed to win ? That's 77747 votes, scattered in Wisconsin Michigan and Pennsylvania. I'm pretty sure that's the second smallest margin in history (after 2000 of course).

Guys guys guys, I think I've realized something about the person who constantly defends eliminationist policies and posts neo nazi memes... wait for it... maybe they're a nazi? I dunno, you can't be too judgemental about these kinds of things, it would deeply hurt their feelings if they were accused of being nazis.