As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Gaspar and NobleHelium - More Arguments About Buildings & Food.

I ended up roading the grass hill instead of mining it like the signs said. I did that because I realized that we don't need to work that mine within 4 turns, but then I realized later that we shouldn't mine that hill with both Workers because then we'd end up with both of them out of borders roading the Stone for a turn. We might incur supply costs if that's the case, because we can and should start exploring west again with the Warrior currently in Cathedral. So we'll road and then mine with only Mortar, and IM can road the forest and then the Stone by himself.

Missing turn 41 demographics:

[Image: demos41.jpg]

The actual turn 42 demographics differed slightly (but not in substance) because I queued up a Worker in Tristram which caused the governor to assign the new citizen to the grass mine instead of the Silk.

Yes, I am seriously fretting about this because there is just a ridiculous amount of precision required in this plan. We are talking fewer than five beakers of leeway here.

Micro for turn 43:

New Tristram works Wheat, Sheep, 2 Grass Mines, slow builds a Worker.
Old Ruins works Corn, 2 Cottages, puts another turn into a Worker.
Cathedral works Corn, Lake, Mined Copper, swaps to a Worker.
Royal Crypts keeps working the Grass Forest, continues building Granary.

Vortex goes north onto the Ivory.
Fire Chains and Fast will finish mining the Copper.
Mortar and Invulnerable Minions both road in place.

Cathedral Warrior goes onto the Copper to start exploring again, new Warrior arrives to suppress the citizenry. Other Warrior continues down the road to Cathedral, and Stone Warrior fortifies. Finish teching Writing at 100%.

Micro for turn 44:

New Tristram works Wheat, Sheep, 2 Grass Mines, continues building a Worker.
Old Ruins works Corn, 2 Cottages, swaps back to the Pyramids.
Cathedral works Corn, Lake, Grass Farm, swaps back to the Warrior (best to do this swapping before Copper is hooked up to avoid accidentally losing the Warrior from the queue).
Royal Crypts works Netted Clam, continues on Granary.

Vortex starts roading the Ivory.
Fire Chains and Fast road the Copper.
Mortar starts mining in place.
Invulnerable Minions finishes roading in place.

Scouting Warrior moves onto desert hill northwest of Copper if no change of events, as discussed. Two Warriors in Cathedral, we could cover the workers with two Warriors and still have one in the city if someone shows up, obviously. Set tech on Mathematics, science at 0%. We should produce 20 gold.

Do you have a worker named Plagued yet? I hate Plagued with a burning passion only surpassed by my hatred for Fire Chains lol
...wounding her only makes her more dangerous! nono -- haphazard1
It's More Fun to be Jack of All Trades than Master of One.

pling Wrote:Do you have a worker named Plagued yet? I hate Plagued with a burning passion only surpassed by my hatred for Fire Chains lol

Its really a matter of who plays the turns that name the workers. When I name them we get things like Mortar that are really annoying to ranged whereas Nobes names them after the melee annoying stuff. If you see Missile Dampening pop up, you'll know I played the turn. wink The only thing we can all agree on is that Extra Health will probably be the last worker.
I've got some dirt on my shoulder, can you brush it off for me?

NobleHelium Wrote:Yes, I am seriously fretting

lol

And hey! My team signed the Angry Birds!

[Image: angrybirdseagles_E_20120613115249.jpg]

It's perfect!
“The wind went mute and the trees in the forest stood still. It was time for the last tale.”

Short report as Nobes meticulously noted everything we're doing last night.

No wonders built, no contacts made. We're waiting for Marco Polo, clearly.

Overview:

[Image: t43a.jpg]

Demographics:

[Image: t43b.jpg]

GNP down with Writing in. Otherwise, same-same.

Bonus shot - Commodore's had high production for a while. Must be rocking some mines.

[Image: t43c.jpg]

Played turn 44.

We have our first official WTF moment.

[Image: overview44.jpg]

The old sign immediately became obsolete so I replaced it with one that is more accurate for the new situation. That's his fourth city, costs are becoming significant now. We went from 4 maintenance to 9 maintenance when we planted RC. Now we're at 10 (Paganism, which is Low Upkeep, is bizarrely costing us 1 gpt while Slavery, Medium Upkeep, is costing us nothing).

[Image: demos44.jpg]

I think we know who's got the 15 GNP. wink He's also pastured the Cow already and has roads on both it and the Copper.

We had many conversations about this, but for the lurkers:

How could anyone who lurked 29 (which Commodore did, he made the map) be stupid enough to Pink Dot us? We might not win the game, but I guarantee he won't be holding that city when its over.

This should be pretty much written all over the map (plus I sent Gaspar the sim saves), but just in case, here it is.

Turn 45:

New Tristram works Wheat, Sheep, 2 Grass Mines, finishes a Worker.
Old Ruins works Corn, 2 Cottages, Grass Flatland Forest, continues on the Pyramids.
Cathedral works Corn and Lake, whips the Worker to complete it.
Royal Crypts keeps working the Clam, continues building Granary.

Vortex finishes roading the Ivory.
Fast moves NE onto the Plains Forest.
Fire Chains moves 3663 onto the Grass Forest.
Mortar keeps mining the Grass Hill.
Invulnerable Minions moves onto the Stone and roads it.

Turn 46:

New Tristram works Wheat, Sheep, 2 Grass Mines, starts a new Worker.
Old Ruins works Corn, 2 Cottages, Ivory, continues on the Pyramids.
Cathedral works Corn and Lake, puts Worker overflow into a Settler.
Royal Crypts works the Clam and Grass Mine, continues building Granary.

Vortex starts camping the Ivory.
Fast starts chopping.
Fire Chains moves 1E and starts roading the Pig.
Mortar finishes mining the Grass Hill.
Invulnerable Minions finishes roading the Stone.
The two new workers both move to the tile labeled "2t Farm" southwest of Old Ruins. The worker with movement remaining (from Old Tristram) puts a turn into a Road.

Generally, we work the lake in Cathedral over production (Copper or the farm for foodhammers), but not over food (the farm as actual food).

For the record, I'm willing to screw some stuff up on purpose just to troll Nobes. What are folks willing to give me to do that? wink

Gaspar Wrote:We had many conversations about this, but for the lurkers:

we were kind of hoping to see the uncensored reactions. wink
I have to run.