As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Rebalancing Civ4: RtR Mod

Yeah, I think that would be prudent.
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

This mod will never be done if we don't stop suggesting and requesting features. Need to decide on a stop point, focus on ironing out all remaining bugs, and call it a day.
mackoti Wrote:SO GAVAGAI WINNED ALOT BUT HE DIDNT HAD ANY PROBLEM?

It'll probably never be "done", for the reasons you said.

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

Few mods are.
mackoti Wrote:SO GAVAGAI WINNED ALOT BUT HE DIDNT HAD ANY PROBLEM?

Honestly, there's a bunch of stuff that could "fixed", such as fixing the late era starts mechanic, or vassal mechanics, or even team games (what with the weird tech costs and stuff).

Um. Also need to fix the game crashing when starting a PBEM in 2.0.3.8 there. tongue
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

Just tested, it works for me.

(February 23rd, 2014, 20:11)Commodore Wrote: Um. Also need to fix the game crashing when starting a PBEM in 2.0.3.8 there. tongue

Ok, i'm not the only one then. The crazy thing for me is i'm not crashing everytime, and I can't figure the rhyme or reason of it
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

On circumnavigation, I did some code research. It's late so I'll get to trying this out in a day or two.

The movement is a global define, CIRCUMNAVIGATE_FREE_MOVES in GlobalDefines.xml, so if nothing else it could be disabled (zeroed) without any code modding.

It can't easily be changed to per-player. There's a single global flag for whether it has been achieved by anyone yet. When someone does, the game changes a field for extra sea movement for that player (just like Refrigeration tech.) Who has achieved circumnavigation isn't stored at all, only the game-wide status and the result of extra movement.

Looks like it is easy to change the result from movement to sight. In CvTeam::testCircumnavigated, instead of calling changeExtraMoves, call changeExtraWaterSeeFromCount. This is what Optics tech does. (But talk about an awkwardly named function, heh.)

The 33% (actually exactly 1/3) water requirement is trivially changeable, in CvGame::circumnavigationAvailable(). I think I could even bring this out to a global define so the number is changeable without further code editing, are we interested in that?

I don't want to try to make circumnavigation availability or numeric threshold a game option, since that involves Python coding on the UI screens and would thread through quite a number of places in the code. It can already be disabled via GlobalDefines for a one-off game if necessary.

(February 23rd, 2014, 20:11)Commodore Wrote: Um. Also need to fix the game crashing when starting a PBEM in 2.0.3.8 there. tongue

(February 23rd, 2014, 23:18)pindicator Wrote:

Ok, i'm not the only one then. The crazy thing for me is i'm not crashing everytime, and I can't figure the rhyme or reason of it

I can't pinpoint this either, because I've been able to start PBEMS on huge maps with 34 players, small maps with 34 players, normal 6 player games...are you randomly generating a map, or are you trying to start a PBEM rfom a WBS you have already created? If the latter, I think the crash may have something to do with the worldbuilder file only showing 18 players, but the new mod has 34 players available...