As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Politics Discussion Thread (Heated Arguing Warning)

(September 26th, 2018, 19:57)Nicolae Carpathia Wrote: Oooohh I just heard about what our resident 4chan nazi Ipecac is on about: 4chan tried to convince everyone they pulled off an epic prank on the lying lib media by making their hot stripper girlfriend talk through a voice modulator and planting a fake story on Avenatti... except that there actually is a client.

This is basically the Steele dossier all over again, but twice as pathetic.

Certainly, some of the sexual assault allegations we've heard are as likely as the 'golden shower' story.

(September 26th, 2018, 22:13)MJW (ya that one) Wrote: Well the three new accusers aren't actually that good. One would not show up, one didn't leave address on letter and one's ex-boyfriend put a restraining order on her and used Avenatti. Only 60% sure.

They think that the more accusers the more convincing, except that the more unsubstantiated allegations by people who don't want to testify, the more it looks like a political hit job.

(September 26th, 2018, 21:03)Commodore Wrote: Not to interrupt the Super Serious Search for Haven Monahan, but I saw this on Facebook, someone summarizing Trump's UN speech:

lol

Are you joining the club of far-right Nazi meme posters?

'2 different men volunteering to the Judiciary Committee they think they, not Kavanaugh, were the ones who assaulted Ford. '

If RBG kicks the bucket, this circus will be complete.

Oh wow Commodore, that sounds like an awful lot of effort to convince people who aren't maga mongoloids that daddy Trump is a fountain of masculine virility, instead of a sloppy mess whose brain is rotting from the inside out.

(September 26th, 2018, 22:13)MJW (ya that one) Wrote: Well the three new accusers aren't actually that good. One would not show up, one didn't leave address on letter and one's ex-boyfriend put a restraining order on her and used Avenatti. Only 60% sure.

Are you counting the one based on 'an anonymous letter about an anonymous person and an anonymous friend'?

(September 27th, 2018, 00:06)Nicolae Carpathia Wrote: Oh wow Commodore, that sounds like an awful lot of effort to convince people who aren't maga mongoloids that daddy Trump is a fountain of masculine virility, instead of a sloppy mess whose brain is rotting from the inside out.

That's...certainly an interpretation. Have you ever seen Idiocracy?
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

Ford didn't crash and burn but the prosecutor was hampered by the constant interruptions. Brett's year book is bad news for him but the 3rd accuser is linked to Ford and people tried to hide that. 65% sure now.

Edit: A reminder, all Brett has to do is be present at the party to lose.

Whoever decided to withhold the accusations until the 12th hour should be updating their resume. Its made this so easy for the Republicans its painful.

Darrell

Kavanaugh perjuring himself about his past drinking should be disqualifying all by itself. He certainly did not defend himself credibly on that account, and instead tried to be as evasive as possible. I'm not convinced that making partisanship on the Supreme Court even more explicit is good for the functioning of that body, either. Republicans would have been smarter to have pulled him as soon as possible and subbed in another conservative candidate if they wanted that seat with the most likelihood of success.

I didn't watch the testimonies; did Brett actually perjure himself in a literal sense, in that he demonstrably and knowingly told an untruth under oath? Or was he just super evasive and refused to admit anything?

I think everyone would agree that actual perjury, being the crime which led to Bill Clinton being impeached (apparently that's the correct terminology despite him ultimately being aquitted), would disqualify someone from the Supreme Court. I think?

hS