As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

PB58 Tech Thread

(February 2nd, 2021, 01:31)Serdoa Wrote: Lewwyn, I cannot join when you are logged in.

Yeah sorry I think it was the VPN.
“The wind went mute and the trees in the forest stood still. It was time for the last tale.”

lost power due to snow. back now - should be able to play in a few hours
I have finally decided to put down some cash and register a website. It is www.ruffhi.com. Now I remain free to move the hosting options without having to change the name of the site.

(October 22nd, 2014, 10:52)Caledorn Wrote: And ruff is officially banned from playing in my games as a reward for ruining my big surprise by posting silly and correct theories in the PB18 tech thread.

I got a "city doesn't exist" pop-up 3 times, not sure what's that about?

I was playing with the dotmapping tool and it wasn't responding and I kept clicking until I realized someone was joining. My guess is that it was bleedover from that (trying to remove a dotmap that I had already removed).

But that's just a guess.

Either that or someone tried to find Atlantis.
Completed:  PBEM 34g (W), 36 , 35 , 5o, 34s, 5p, 42, 48 and PB 9, 18, 27, 57

Current:  PB 52.  Boudicca of Maya

That's interesting, but AutomatedTeller could be right that it is connected to the process of joining.
Mods: RtR    CtH

Pitboss: PB39, PB40PB52, PB59 Useful Collections: Pickmethods, Mapmaking, Curious Civplayer

Buy me a coffee

(February 3rd, 2021, 06:03)AutomatedTeller Wrote: I was playing with the dotmapping tool and it wasn't responding and I kept clicking until I realized someone was joining.  My guess is that it was bleedover from that (trying to remove a dotmap that I had already removed). 

But that's just a guess.

Either that or someone tried to find Atlantis.

Probably that then. Game worked fine.

I had something similar happen earlier when trying to update a dotmap, so that sounds like a good explanation.
Playing: PB74
Played: PB58 - PB59 - PB62 - PB66 - PB67
Dedlurked: PB56 (Amicalola) - PB72 (Greenline)
Maps: PB60 - PB61 - PB63 - PB68 - PB70 - PB73 - PB76

There are two kinds of people in the world: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data

Don't use the dotmap tool, use good old pain(t) after you pain(t)stakingly connected several screenshots you took. Do it right, do it as our forefathers wanted it to be done!

lol

[Image: Wq7LIyz.jpg]
"Superdeath seems to have acquired a rep for aggression somehow. [Image: noidea.gif] In this game that's going to help us because he's going to go to the negotiating table with twitchy eyes and slightly too wide a grin and terrify the neighbors into favorable border agreements, one-sided tech deals and staggered NAPs."
-Old Harry. PB48.

Dotmapping means settling on those blue circles right?!