As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] BaxAmeliKnight's thread

nabaxo Wrote:FUCKFUCKFUCK. I didn't start on the winery. >_<

Fucking jet lag.

It's not that big of a deal, as long as your either improving that or the floodplain.

Also make sure you keep working the incense for the Amurites.

Here's a challenge. Where can you put a Kurio city in our area?

I'm at work, we should post pictures for our explorations for these occasions...

Settlers out in 6 turns. Will post pictures later.

Alright, I'm back, Seems this thread could use some much needed spam, I'll post a couple of screenshots when I play my turn.

Actually it looks like not much has changed, I'll hold off on the screenshots until we get 3rd ring borders in a couple of turns.

Dave just gave us very good information in the Banter thread. We knew that his scout was harassing me, then disappeared to the north. What this should mean is that the spider is between the three of us.

Fucking spiders. >_<

Well, if we spot spiders, what do you guys think? Should we take the deal?

nabaxo Wrote:Well, if we spot spiders, what do you guys think? Should we take the deal?

I think not. So there's a spider somewhere in between us? That's nice but not that important (in fact it's not that surprising, given the settings). Its exact position is irrelevant, either we can find it out for ourselves if/when we capture it or we can ignore it, it won't be doing anything unless we send a unit that way in the first place.

Alternatively, since we haven't spotted any spiders near Team 3 territory AFAIK, we don't technically give anything away by accepting. :neenernee

Once Kurio's borders expand next turn, we need to figure out a 2nd city spot for them (and also 2nd cities for Malakim/Amurites). Also need to figure out our next tech.

Alright, here are my thoughts in 2nd city locations, from easiest to hardest:

[Image: T25%20Malakim%202nd%20city.jpg]

Malakim should probably settle the NW city first. There's a number of reasons for that such as the plains river incense, doesn't need a border expansion for the corn or spices and is partially sheltered from barbs since Amurites are to the NW. Also the other spots require fishing or BW to be truly effective, neither of which we'll get in the near future.

[Image: T25%20Amurite%202nd%20city.jpg]

A city to the W is just about the only possible spot right now. It's exact location is debatable though, it can stay where it is or it can go 1W for corn in the first ring and a extra deer in exchange for some useless ocean and inability to work the incense. Possible Amurite GP farm?

[Image: T25%20Kurio%202nd%20city.jpg]

Hardest one since the capital pretty much claims most of the resources nearby, and Kurio's can't afford to waste any cities. banghead

Cow/Corn to the NW is pretty much the best spot we can see, but for a megacity that's still pretty weak. Perhaps farm everything and make it the Kurio GP farm? I guess there's nothing wrong with cottage spamming either, even though there's not a lot of river nearby.

EDIT: Oh, and next tech. Hrm, probably Mining I think. Education is the other option, but we're researching at a good pace right now and Mining gives Amurites gold anyway. Don't need exploration for connecting resources just yet, everything else waits until after Edu.