As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

PB58 Tech Thread

So for some disclosure: 

I asked for a reload because I'm in a settling race with Ruff and he (most likely unintentionally as he can't see my settler) double-moved me. I believe that this would be fair to everyone involved but my understanding is that the lurkers do not see it that clear-cut because I did not tell Ruff after I played T110 that we are in a settling race (I would have had 3 hours time between my play and his on a busy Saturday).

So, if Ruff agrees that this double-move should be rectified by a reload you can go ahead and do so. If Ruff does not agree than we have to wait.

(February 13th, 2021, 17:28)Serdoa Wrote: So for some disclosure: 

I asked for a reload because I'm in a settling race with Ruff and he (most likely unintentionally as he can't see my settler) double-moved me. I believe that this would be fair to everyone involved but my understanding is that the lurkers do not see it that clear-cut because I did not tell Ruff after I played T110 that we are in a settling race (I would have had 3 hours time between my play and his on a busy Saturday).

So, if Ruff agrees that this double-move should be rectified by a reload you can go ahead and do so. If Ruff does not agree than we have to wait.

Uh, if he didnt know there was a settling race, having a reload seems to not be the way to go. My understanding of such scenarios are: If someone finds themselves in a likely settling race, they are to abide by the no-double moving rule ( in peace time ) If the other party does not know there is a potential race, then its upto the one who knows about it to inform the other party so that a turn order can be established. However, i have no stake in the matter and will just continue to grumble about the turn pace being halted.

Above spoiler is just my thoughts on the matter.

When lurkers/ect have agreed on something let me know if i need to reload ect
"Superdeath seems to have acquired a rep for aggression somehow. [Image: noidea.gif] In this game that's going to help us because he's going to go to the negotiating table with twitchy eyes and slightly too wide a grin and terrify the neighbors into favorable border agreements, one-sided tech deals and staggered NAPs."
-Old Harry. PB48.

So, I have to go to bed now. As I stated in my thread, when I tried to pause the game I first ended my turn by accident, but it is in fact not finished. Maybe you guys can keep that in mind if anything happens while I'm asleep.

The only Serdoa settler I can see is on a different land mass.

That said, I am ok with reloading to turn roll and leaving it there.
I have finally decided to put down some cash and register a website. It is www.ruffhi.com. Now I remain free to move the hosting options without having to change the name of the site.

(October 22nd, 2014, 10:52)Caledorn Wrote: And ruff is officially banned from playing in my games as a reward for ruining my big surprise by posting silly and correct theories in the PB18 tech thread.

Thank you Ruff. I'm off to bed now, it's 1 AM here and my wife is hopefully asleep already, else I'll get scolded for staying up so long wink

So... Reload to turn roll confirmed? Just wanna be sure before i do it
"Superdeath seems to have acquired a rep for aggression somehow. [Image: noidea.gif] In this game that's going to help us because he's going to go to the negotiating table with twitchy eyes and slightly too wide a grin and terrify the neighbors into favorable border agreements, one-sided tech deals and staggered NAPs."
-Old Harry. PB48.

ok by me.
I have finally decided to put down some cash and register a website. It is www.ruffhi.com. Now I remain free to move the hosting options without having to change the name of the site.

(October 22nd, 2014, 10:52)Caledorn Wrote: And ruff is officially banned from playing in my games as a reward for ruining my big surprise by posting silly and correct theories in the PB18 tech thread.

Didnt see any lurker input, but ive reloaded to the start of the turn anyway.
-Old Harry. PB48.

Ruff you are a sweetheart. SD thanks for the reload.

(February 14th, 2021, 01:17)Jowy Wrote: Ruff you are a sweetheart. SD thanks for the reload.

Shit Jowy ... I am not here to be a sweetheart.
You'll be first against the wall when the revolution comes.