As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Serdoa, Ichabod and Ex-Girlfriends - co-starring NH,Bigger and Lewwyn

Yes, correct. It's 1S,2E of the fish above the pig IIRC. Not the worst spot, we can have a city with double-fish, copper and pig for growth periods. If we trash the Stone-city that double-fish city is probably the best spot for a NE-city we'll find in a long time.

We've dropped out of top post count! You need to update more often. tongue

I'll do my part!
Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you.

Well, it really is hard to update on anything when there really isn't much to tell. I still haven't met anyone, I haven't revealed any territory that really is worth looking at and the capital is just producing workers and settlers. I'll make an overview next turn when I log in.

For now, you all could comment what you think about my last plans. And are we all set that MC is kinda necessary for Colossus, no matter how exactly to get there?

Oh, and you can answer the two questions in two separate posts, so we catch up faster wink

Well I'd like overview pictures that are not foggy and show enough of the map so that I can look at the dotmap clearly. You can take more than one picture you know.

I'll comment more after that.

I like Ichabod's recommended dotmap. Settle on the stone, on the grassland hill to claim fish, and then N, NW of the rice (not necessarily in that order).

Overview (without fog :P but tilted)

Immediate area for dotmap purposes and to actually be able to identify tile yields

Capital has the settler at 40/100 at EOT, the grassland 1W of the capital has been roaded for a turn and Mysticism will finish also at EOT with 83/79.

The plan for the workers is to finish with one worker the road 1W of cap while the other starts one 1NW of that. Capital gets 2-pop whipped. T33 the road gets finished, settler moves directly on Stone, worker moves onto PH. I realise now that my warrior will be a turn late to reach the PH if I don't log in again and move him out right this turn... wanted to go to bed, oh well.

Anyhow, city gets founded on Stone, starts SH. Worker 1 improves PH, worker 2 chops a forest for the capital, finishing a third worker. Third worker and worker 1 move at the same turn each into a forest and start chopping for the Stone-city. Chops come in the turn after Masonry finishes and finish SH.

Third settler only on EOT43 though. The alternative is to screw the third worker and get the settler earlier. Would mean to delay SH by a turn though and the newly founded city would have no worker to take care of it. Not even for a road. But 2nd settler would pop EOT39.

Clearly we should build the GLH too... lighthouse is half price! Yeah I'll post more seriously later when I get home.

even better.. a 2nd and third city to claim rice and fish.. fish city will have clams, and they can share river cottages to make sure they mature fast (with the capital and with each other). err, assuming we don't meet an enemy and can put off copper until city #5, but lets be optimistic smile.