As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Pitboss 18 IT and Tech Issues Thread

[Image: lightning-striking-computers.jpg]

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

No problem, just boot to floppy disk.

That's priceless, xenu! I laughed out loud when I saw that diagram. lol
As the Americans learned so painfully in Earth's final century, free flow of information is the only safeguard against tyranny. The once-chained people whose leaders at last lose their grip on information flow will soon burst with freedom and vitality, but the free nation gradually constricting its grip on public discourse has begun its rapid slide into despotism. Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master. - Commissioner Pravin Lal, "U.N. Declaration of Rights"

You're bouncing me, Parkin.
Erebus in the Balance - a FFH Modmod based around balancing and polishing FFH for streamlined competitive play.

Hmm, don't know why. Out now.
Lord Parkin
Past games: Pitboss 4 | Pitboss 7 | Pitboss 14Pitboss 18 | Pitboss 20 | Pitboss 21

Got in, but crashing and storms chucked me out again. Tried again and I think Ruff bounced me (while ago now, could've been snovice IIRC). Will try again in morning. Sorry if this is annoying.
Erebus in the Balance - a FFH Modmod based around balancing and polishing FFH for streamlined competitive play.

bump

(August 11th, 2014, 09:24)Old Harry Wrote: We've had a bunch of opinions on clock length but no consensus, so lets use the medium of Poll to find out what everyone really thinks, then do nothing about it. shhh

So far the consensus seems to be a firm "don't care" with only eleven teams and one T-hawk voting. If anyone else thinks their opinion on turn timer length is important please register your vote.

(August 13th, 2014, 06:33)Qgqqqqq Wrote: Got in, but crashing and storms chucked me out again. Tried again and I think Ruff bounced me (while ago now, could've been snovice IIRC). Will try again in morning. Sorry if this is annoying.

It was probably me. I still bounce people when connecting from work (I did so before the Gamespy shutdown as well).
I have to run.

(August 13th, 2014, 06:33)Qgqqqqq Wrote: Got in, but crashing and storms chucked me out again. Tried again and I think Ruff bounced me (while ago now, could've been snovice IIRC). Will try again in morning. Sorry if this is annoying.
(August 13th, 2014, 10:46)novice Wrote: It was probably me. I still bounce people when connecting from work (I did so before the Gamespy shutdown as well).

Nah - it was me. Well ... I got a bounce notification this morning. It wasn't annoying in the least - just had to click a 'ok' button ... not that hard to do.
I have finally decided to put down some cash and register a website. It is www.ruffhi.com. Now I remain free to move the hosting options without having to change the name of the site.

(October 22nd, 2014, 10:52)Caledorn Wrote: And ruff is officially banned from playing in my games as a reward for ruining my big surprise by posting silly and correct theories in the PB18 tech thread.

Clicked on last page of lurker thread, read half of a post by parkin, realized this wasn't the "request a turn thread" thread.
Fear cuts deeper than swords.