As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Pitboss 18 IT and Tech Issues Thread

If whoever's joining can stay out for 2 mins, I can finish up and let you in.

EDIT: Had to go out, looking at that joining message was driving me crazy. Please don't let the turn roll, there's one or two things left.

That wasn't me, but if whoever is around could pause for Xenu, he requested a short pause...

My connection is playing up now, trying to login, but unseuccessfully frown

I keep on getting stuck on 'Connected to host', it doesn't crash, the bar keeps going round and round, but nothing happens.

And it's only concerning this game, too -- I can connect to PB21, which is on the neighbouring port, just fine.
DL: PB12 | Playing: PB13

(August 24th, 2014, 18:28)Bacchus Wrote: My connection is playing up now, trying to login, but unseuccessfully frown

I keep on getting stuck on 'Connected to host', it doesn't crash, the bar keeps going round and round, but nothing happens.

And it's only concerning this game, too -- I can connect to PB21, which is on the neighbouring port, just fine.

I'm getting the same thing. At first it shows I'm trying to connect to Ataturk, then it shows the Connected to peer progress bar, which continually fills and resets. I think Commodore broke the game instance when he logged into the lurker civ. Can someone else try logging in to confirm? If so....banghead reload.....rant

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

The last action logged in the pitboss portal is TBS ending his turn, which was only a five minute session so TBS please don't try to log in again until this gets sorted out. Or use a different name if you try to log in. At least you won't have to redo a lot of stuff if it was a five minute session.

Sorry for the trouble guys.

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

It's possible that the game is running and Caledorn can just do a save and reload.
I have to run.

Hmm, I actually managed to log in again after that to pause the game. Not sure why that isn't showing up either.

PM'd Caledorn - I can't log in to this game either, though no problem with the others.
Lord Parkin
Past games: Pitboss 4 | Pitboss 7 | Pitboss 14Pitboss 18 | Pitboss 20 | Pitboss 21

I had to reload from TBS's last login autosave. The game had crashed completely.
As the Americans learned so painfully in Earth's final century, free flow of information is the only safeguard against tyranny. The once-chained people whose leaders at last lose their grip on information flow will soon burst with freedom and vitality, but the free nation gradually constricting its grip on public discourse has begun its rapid slide into despotism. Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master. - Commissioner Pravin Lal, "U.N. Declaration of Rights"

I played, 3:30 left on the clock (used ~1 minute). LP is still shuffling through some other civs, but TBS and Bacchus remain to play.