As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

PBEM41

so we have another? was thinking of civs and came up with:

mackoti - japan

kyan - portugal

nakor - england

catwalk - india

me - inca

shootthemoon - umm carthage?

just for shits n giggles haha

PBEM 17 was sort of like continents with islands mixed in (or were you meaning less than one continent per person?). I'd probably prefer being on the same starting land mass personally, although maybe with some island play mixed in.

I was thinking more like two or three super continents with islands mixed in. For single player, those maps always seem the most epic to me. Maybe they wouldn't translate well to MP though.

just had a thought about leader pick

you told me about the snake-pick thingy kyan, so how about we pick traits in turn. obv you and mackoti have a restricted list, each have 3 banned maybe. umm dunno if that'll work though.

Kyan Wrote:I was thinking more like two or three super continents with islands mixed in. For single player, those maps always seem the most epic to me. Maybe they wouldn't translate well to MP though.

I think it might depend on how easy it is to reach the other continents and how important the islands between continents are. If it is primarily continent based (say with two civs per continent) then it could come down to a lot of luck of who gets to choke their partner early and have a larger share of the continent or which continent builds next to no military (and just watches graphs to be assured of not getting invaded) and out techs the others. But if there is intercontinental competition for significant islands, it could work I think.

Also, I've already played Carthage once here...at least give me a different awful civ :neenernee That being said maybe instead of artificially trying to balance things (which can be difficult to do and potentially unfun if not done extremely well) maybe wait to see if there are others interested as well and do a greens and vets game? This game thread has been up for less than 12 hours after all, there might still be more people interested.

I'd be a little concerned about a 6player game, from experience it's hard to keep the turn rate high. I agree with Shoot about a greens and a vets game, that's been a good solution in the past and makes for interesting comparisons. Do we have 4 vets and 2 greens currently?

Catwalk Wrote:I'd be a little concerned about a 6player game, from experience it's hard to keep the turn rate high. I agree with Shoot about a greens and a vets game, that's been a good solution in the past and makes for interesting comparisons. Do we have 4 vets and 2 greens currently?

I have played in pbem4,12,17,ffhVII,31,ffhXX and ffhXXII and most of those were 6 player. All had a turn a day for the majority of the game. It's more about timezones than number of players.

I'd personally prefer less, also for the greens/vets reason. If you decide to do the handicap version I could dedlurk TheMusicMan and we'd have a 5p game.

Catwalk Wrote:I'd personally prefer less, also for the greens/vets reason. If you decide to do the handicap version I could dedlurk TheMusicMan and we'd have a 5p game.

I understand your view entirely. I'm going to sleep now, so will take a look at the thread tommorow after work to see if there is more interest etc.

If you're doing continents, put macoti+Kyan on one MusicMan etc on another?
I will dedlurk if anyone wants me but not about to join. Besides you look like you***8217;ve got pleanty already.
5p would be hard to balance with continents surely. Are you look ing for balanced map, balanced starts or random generation?
Erebus in the Balance - a FFH Modmod based around balancing and polishing FFH for streamlined competitive play.