As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Pitboss 18 Organizing Thread (RB Mod 34 Civs)

You get a plains cow and a billion forests. Suck it up.
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

Settler first!
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

(February 20th, 2014, 13:40)spacetyrantxenu Wrote: If you end up with Churchill of America without RB Mod I think you'll find the game unplayable.

space, are you even reading what I wrote? That assumes Churchill of America is even in the game, that the civ is manned by a player who is noticeably handicapped relative to his pears, and that he doesn't receive any sort of compensation for the bad draw in terms of land or anything else. Do you really think that's realistic?

This is a weird fight for me to find myself in. I have no problem saying X people don't like the mod and >X people do like the mod. I don't see the need to go beyond that and declare reasonably standard settings as impossible to make work.

It isn't a fight, I don't think. And yes I read what you wrote, although I probably didn't exactly respond to what you said. I laid out the most ridiculous possible outcome as evidence of it being possibly unplayable in this setup. So that was disingenuous of me, I'm sure. I'm kind of casually/absent-mindedly reading this thread while thinking of ways to abuse my employees at work because I hate them all so much.

As for pindicator...lol There's some irony given your current signature. You'd have to be drunk to want to play that combo. Then again, when I play poker if I'm dealt 2/7 off suit I'm more likely to play it than scrap it just because it's hilarious when you win with a hand you have no business playing to start with. But a hand of poker plays out in a minute, whereas playing out the string in a 6-9 month long game of civ means the joke is really on you. To each his own. toast

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

Here's a list of 37 playable leaders, with some of the best and some of the worst culled:
FIN / AGG
FIN / IND
FIN / ORG
FIN / PHI
FIN / SPI
FIN / IMP
FIN / PRO
FIN / CHA

EXP / AGG
EXP / IND
EXP / ORG
EXP / PHI
EXP / SPI
EXP / IMP
EXP / PRO
EXP / CHA

CRE / IND
CRE / ORG
CRE / PHI
CRE / SPI
CRE / IMP
CRE / CHA

SPI / IND
SPI / ORG
SPI / PHI
SPI / IMP
SPI / CHA

IND / ORG
IND / PHI
IND / IMP
IND / CHA

ORG / PHI
ORG / IMP
ORG / CHA

PHI / IMP
PHI / CHA

IMP / CHA
With the max of 33 players, that leaves another 4 to be culled. That could be 2x FIN, 1x EXP and 1 of the bottom leaders. We can then do a rough ranking of leaders and civilizations and match them up. Won't be completely balanced, won't be awful either. Maybe some weak leaders for India and Inca should be left in, possibly also for Sumeria and Egypt.

I'm fine with either mod or no mod, but this could work reasonably okay.

Given that we need a mod to even play with >18 civs as far as I'm aware, I'd much rather play with RBmod than without. It considerably reduces the variance in quality of leaders and civs, even if they're purely selected at random (ideal situation IMO).

Okay, count me as the host of this madness. And while we're at it, unless I am needed as an admin (which seems unlikely given how eveyone expects this game to be total chaos), count me as a cannon fodder player for my neighbours to get some easy land from due to my greenness too.
As the Americans learned so painfully in Earth's final century, free flow of information is the only safeguard against tyranny. The once-chained people whose leaders at last lose their grip on information flow will soon burst with freedom and vitality, but the free nation gradually constricting its grip on public discourse has begun its rapid slide into despotism. Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master. - Commissioner Pravin Lal, "U.N. Declaration of Rights"

If Commodore doesn't want to Admin the game I will. Don't expect generous pauses though smile

Oh yeah. If we are playing this game, absolutely no pauses unless specifically asked for, and if someone misses a turn due to not asking for a pause, tough shit, no reloads, play on.

This game will be chaotic enough already.
mackoti Wrote:SO GAVAGAI WINNED ALOT BUT HE DIDNT HAD ANY PROBLEM?

(February 20th, 2014, 10:58)Boldly Going Nowhere Wrote: Unassigned leader pairings:
IND/PHI -
CRE/CHM -
ORG/PRO -

IIRC, the second was left out on purpose because it's anti-synergistic. Charismatic wants monuments but Creative has no reason to build them. Org/Pro was merely incidentally neglected, but not like anyone was clamoring for it.

The problem with Ind/Phi is when it keeps popping out bulbs and engineers to keep sweeping more wonders, feeding on itself in a way no other trait combo does. It ruins the game for the rivals in a way that replacing one of those traits with Fin wouldn't, even if the power levels might be comparable.