As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Gaspar and NobleHelium - More Arguments About Buildings & Food.

Very disappointed my expert use of "Skeptical 3rd World Kid" garnered no comments. tongue
I've got some dirt on my shoulder, can you brush it off for me?

How can you so blithely patronize African children at a time when there's people dying in Syria?????

Played turn 89.

Still not much to talk about, because we're still building monasteries. A fair number of them are complete now though.

[Image: events89.jpg?dl=0]

davy built the Taoist shrine, and I believe that's Commodore's Colossus GP. Or it might be another GP from davy. Someone finished Civil Service, so if that was Commodore and his GP, I assume we'll see another Golden Age and revolt next turn. So if that does happen, that means he hasn't teched Guilds yet. Downside is, he can probably tech it really quickly after that. tongue

[Image: explore89.jpg?dl=0]

We found yuris's prime real estate. I think these are his first and second cities. His new capital is quite safe from invasion until Astronomy, but it's also very poorly located. He's got another Horse Archer, a Worker, and a Settler in Edirne this turn. Doesn't look like he's growing his new capital, since it's only size 5 - a pity since it has Moai in it with two food resources accessible.

[Image: commodore89.jpg?dl=0]

Commozul whipped Aylee to finish the Granary (I would have chopped the remaining forest for it), and it looks like that Confucian missionary is on the way to finally get culture in the city. Kiki now has a longbow.

[Image: demos89.jpg?dl=0]

Well, we're good at everything except GNP.

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on the effectiveness of building monasteries. I struggled with that in PBEM17. Then, as you are now, I was SPI so in that case, AP cheap temples seem like no-brainers, especially if you build the UoS and SM.

But I'm not sure about Monasteries. It seems like you guys are moving through the tech tree pretty fast and I don't know how far away SM is, but that's the one I always struggle with.

Uh you were Bismarck in 17...

More on the rest later.

NobleHelium Wrote:Uh you were Bismarck in 17...

More on the rest later.

lol

Oh yeah :-) Perhaps I'm thinking of PB1 when I was Hatty (SPI/CRE) - I had the AP and UoS there, though sunrise089 had the SM

So for once the lurker thread does not have me paranoid despite the spate of recent posts. I bet I can paraphrase the whole thing without being in there at all:

Quote:Random lurker: (Innocently) So, lol @ Gaspar's interpretation of Dave's AI diplo trade offer. Too bad he doesn't realize what Dave really meant was Commodore will have GIANT DEATH ROBOTS in 3t.
Other random lurker: (Moralizing) Well I dunno if that's really legit AI diplo - I mean uh, he's trying to communicate about GIANT DEATH ROBOTS.
SevenSpirits: Oh my <insert your personal deity here>. I really think this is highly inappropriate behavior on Dave's part and clearly we need to legislate against these sorts of inappropriate behaviors in future games played here at this site.
Other random lurker: Didn't you do that all game in PBEM23?
SevenSpirits: No, you fools, what I did was totally different. Let me explains. (Shows how he did exact same thing.) Don't you see how it was totally different?
Catwalk: <4000 words in the most officious manner discussing the uses and abuses of AI diplo and the necessity of drafting a full compact on allowed and disallowed versions of AI diplo in future games> <Runs off to propose said compact in new game he proposes in Civ general - doesn't intend to play in said game.>
Other random lurker: Uh... why isn't anyone talking about the GIANT DEATH ROBOTS?
Catwalk: <Kitten picture>
Nicolae Carpathia: This one time I did exactly what Dave did except WAY BETTER. LOLOLOL.

wink

Anyway, we've teched Civil Service over the last two turns - deciding essentially that the econ boost was the most important thing we could do. Next turn we decide whether to tech Paper for UoS and its 44 base beaker boost or go for Feudalism or head towards Machinery.

Foreign news:

[Image: t91a.jpg]

So 3 GPs born. Believe that's a Merchant to Ichabod, Engy to Dave and Merchant to Commodore, but not certain on that. Dave also built the Great Wall a few turns before we were really ready to cash in on the failgold cascade, but it was still good for a turn+ of 100%.

Back home, we're just really finishing up the last few temples/monasteries, getting a few courthouse builds done (as much for the EP as the cost savings) and getting ready for the next push. Since I don't have a ton of interesting shots to show you, here's a couple of cities:

Wortham Chapel in the north is working on getting the next GP out. It is taking entirely too long but so it goes.

[Image: t91b.jpg]

Here's Caldeum - producing an empire best 22 base hammers per turn and hilariously about steal Yuri's 2nd ring grass cows at Sansum the turn before he finally gets workers there to improve them.

[Image: t91c.jpg]

And here's the newest city - Dahlgur Oasis, farming its little heart out in anticipation of becoming our NE city should we ever actually have the free beakers to tech Literature. cry

[Image: t91d.jpg]

Here's the demos. Kind of funny that Commodore is overwhelmingly likely to attack us sometime soon despite Dave running over 60k less power than us and we're the 4th place civ.

[Image: t91e.jpg]
I've got some dirt on my shoulder, can you brush it off for me?

Very close! I didn't post a kitten picture though, so you can have it instead:
[Image: selfimportantc128648692584427308.jpg]

Sir, that is not a kitten.

Hey, I'm not only into kittens. Sometimes I like them a little more... mature.