As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] BaxAmeliKnight's thread

I thought i already played the turn...

Yeah, i'm moving out next turn. Gonna be difficult with all those animals, but i need that 3rd city.

Archery will be completed next turn. Despite suggesting KotE next, I don't think I need the recon from eyes just yet since my scout lived a lot longer then I thought it would, and KotE doesn't help you guys at all. Right now I'm leaning towards Philosophy next for the incense happiness, and then either KotE or more likely Trade.

How big is trade? If we can get it first, we'll make a bigger advantage in GNP over our opponents.

Amelia Wrote:How big is trade? If we can get it first, we'll make a bigger advantage in GNP over our opponents.

Biggest advantage of trade is Foreign Trade civic. The double cottage growth that provides is pretty essential to a cottage economy, which 2/3 civs on our team are running. There are several smaller advantages in the form of trade routes, Under/Overcouncil, Libraries and Being able to see other teams tech though.

It is still quite expensive, and perhaps we could grab Construction in addition to Philosophy/KotE before Trade, but otherwise we want it ASAP since it appears most other teams are running Aristocracy now.

Also Amelia, you can cancel your wine gift to the Malakim as they've connected a source of their own, and I have some spare deer if anyone needs the health.

WK, play my turn if i haven't played it with about 8 hours to go. I'm currently having internet problems for this week and it might not be possible for me to come on for some of the turns.

I can start running a scientist or prophet in my second city. Should I?

Amelia Wrote:WK, play my turn if i haven't played it with about 8 hours to go. I'm currently having internet problems for this week and it might not be possible for me to come on for some of the turns.

Sure

nabaxo Wrote:I can start running a scientist or prophet in my second city. Should I?

I don't see why not. scientists give a better yield but Great Prophets are more useful. When should consider the options when you get a GP though.

I've also changed my mind about getting Construction before Trade, as I can live without it for the time being. On the other hand I've been considering if we have a shot at Form of the Titan or not.

Form of the Titan's doubler is copper right? If one of you can give me a source, that + my industrious means that we'll have a good chance at it.

Amelia Wrote:Form of the Titan's doubler is copper right? If one of you can give me a source, that + my industrious means that we'll have a good chance at it.

It's not quite as simple as that. We need BW to activate copper, as well as Warfare to unlock FotT. Also you need a 26xp unit (lvl 6), do you have anything close to that? I have a warrior at 22xp, although I can't exactly gift it to you, so if neither of you have anything close to that I may be the one who has to build it if we go for it.

A quick recap on our situation (for my sake just as much as anyone else's):

According to score, Team 3 are out in front, then it's a close race for 2nd place between Team 1 and ourselves. I don't know what Team 2 are doing, but they are lagging behind quite badly, they likely are out of contention for winning. Of course score is rather meaningless but it's the only indicator we have on teams we haven't met yet.

Currently teching Philosophy, next techs are probably KotE then Writing -> Trade. I was considering BW and Warfare next for Form of the Titan but Team 3 have Warfare already (since plako is in Military State) so I don't think we'll be beating them to that wonder. Future techs we should get in the not too distant future are BW, Warfare, Construction, our late game religions (OO, Order and AV?) and Priesthood

Kurio's have 2 cities and are in the process of planting their 3rd (barbs have been particularly annoying to settling parties), Malakim are going to plant their 4th city next turn and Amurites are sitting on 4 cities. In terms of future expansion Kurio's ideally would settle their 4th city ASAP, but we currently don't have a good spot for that yet. Amurites and Malakim both have potential 5th city spots though, perhaps we should organize settlers for those at some point?