As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[Spoilers] Old Harry's Game

That power graph demonstrates quite well what kind of a rollercoaster this game has been until now lol
Finished:
PBEM 45G, PB 13, PB 18, PB 38 & PB 49

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3

Turn 127

I think the wheels on my particular car of the roller-coaster came off a long time ago...

Will Azza's seven triremes be enough to kill my five? Or will he be more concerned with killing the one which is about to pillage his crabs?

So this is why he didn't accept peace. I suspect he plans a surprise attack - which would be a surprise if I hadn't suddenly got visibility on de_inferno! I don't think I'll go after any of his cities after all. Perhaps I need a castle in cs_office (renamed Forest Green after taking this pic) am I right in thinking riffles ignore walls and castles?)

Snooping around Hydra's land I come across this little stack (read: could probably take several cities off me) I think it might be too small to do a lot of damage to Azza, but it's not all that far away from him... I'll try to hide my horse archer in Legoland and check if it grows/moves next turn...

I'm actually going back into builder mode - I hope that doesn't turn out to be a mistake... I'll think about revolting back to Representation next turn (and possibly caste as well to use artists to push my borders a little).

all gunpowder units ignore walls and castles - muskets, too.

edit: they don't, however, ignore cultural defenses.
Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you.

Even worse. Ah well it's a while before cannons I guess, maybe I'll still use them to beat the cats...

Turn 128

Gonna get the globe soon.

Still at war. I lost four triremes while Azza lost three, but I can't really take advantage of the damage done as I was busy building the TOA in Grimsby rather than more triremes.

I was miles behind technologically anyway after Serdoa scalped me, but my economy is really in the toilet - 20% break even - probably due to settling too many extra cities and Azza attacking. If I'd stayed small could I have caught up? Anyhow, I'm going to build the Forbidden Palace in Exeter in the hope of recovering a bit.

Tech path at the moment is Med->Philo->Nationalism although I might switch to Paper->Education or Paper->Printing Press instead of Nationalism, depending on how much Azza and Hydra want to attack me. With Philo and peace with Azza I could go for a bunch of lightbulbs by running Caste/Rep/Pacifism. Not sure how to catch up though. Right now I think Hydra is up:
Philo, Nationalism, Paper, Guilds, Monarchy, Literature, Music, Alphabet, banking and liberalism
and only down: Drama, Engineering
While Azza is up: Monarchy, Paper, Alphabet, Education, Guilds, gunpowder, banking
and down the vital: aesthetics and drama
(what have I missed?)

Power

Turn 129

Yay! Take that Azza! Um. Actually its just as bad as ever, but it'll get me a great person from Grimsby quicker...

Oh, that's where those knights went... I should really have noticed that they weren't by de_inferno any more. Oh dear. Well, maybe my tech rate will improve without these unnecessary cities... Oldham is toast, but I think I can get enough pikes over here to protect Kettering and Exeter. I'll only leave one pike in Oldham this turn, hopefully to kill a knight. If Azza waits a turn to kill it with the mace I'll whip in a second pike and get a crossbow in.

Please attack Azza soon Hydra. Pretty please.

Serdoa hasn't totally thrown in the towel, so I'll leave him some messages of support. That's okay right?

So can I provoke a peace treaty and keep Oldham? I don't think he's got enough stuff around to prevent me taking de_tuscan, unless there are a bunch of knights or keshiks stashed SE of de_inferno. I wonder how many archers he'll upgrade to crossbows if he doesn't go for peace?

I really want to ask for 15gpt. Soooooo much. But if he signs peace and Hydra attacks in the next few turns then I've got a chance to build back into the game. Also he hasn't got any gpt to offer. frown

I'm nearly #1 in power!

I would not be happy with those unit names.

Is that as an admin or as a Serdoa?

As someone upholding the diplo rules.

Well they aren't really conveying information beyond a fellow-feeling of doomed resignation. I'll change them back when the save gets back to me.