As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] scooter, pindicator, and Huayna Capac try some fast Zulu cuisine

Yeah, pasturing the horse seems like the right priority.

(December 21st, 2012, 11:27)scooter Wrote: Yeah, pasturing the horse seems like the right priority.

If the worker pair is going to do that maybe we should grow LJS to 3?

Probably. Put hammers into an Impi or Granary while growing to sz3?

(December 21st, 2012, 11:31)scooter Wrote: Probably. Put hammers into an Impi or Granary while growing to sz3?

I like. I can grab it when i get home if you havent played by then.

I actually just played it and finished. Uploading pictures now.

edit: Also, I can return to playing turns and planning. Sorry I wasn't around much this week.

I hope we moved the warrior eastward so that it's next to the lake. Otherwise someone's unit could snipe the hut from beneath our noses from the northeast.

I guess you'll have to wait another 5 minutes or so to find out. :P

Well just log in and move it then if you haven't.

OK, played T56-57 (we were last to play). First, Zaxby's is already on our trade route and therefore has copper.

[Image: t56_zaxby_hooked.JPG]

It'll grow onto the copper EoT57 which is nice. Anyways, I figured the road on the plains tile wasn't crucial to be done THIS turn, so I split one of the workers south to pasture the horse:

[Image: t56_south_worker.JPG]

North worker hooked Zaxby's as planned. Pretty soon it can whip the Impi in case of a north barb emergency or something, so that'll be great. Obviously would be preferable to work the copper, but it's nice to have the option. Once we have it, we can station the Impi on that plains tile NE of Zaxby's as that lets it move into LJS in 1 turn in case it gets threatened by barbs from the south. Or, I dunno, Commodore lol. The 2-moving for defense is fun is my point. Anyways, press enter and:

[Image: t57_wonders.JPG]

It's the wonder cascade! That would be team India (JesterFoolakor) and Serdoa. We'll know which is which once they log in and take their Oracle tech, but I would bet Serdoa got Oracle and India got GLH. BOTH of those fell before Stonehenge which is slightly unusual. Started on horse:

[Image: t57_horse.JPG]

So here's the deal. Horse takes 4T to improve. LJS completes worker this turn, and it will take 2T to grow to sz3. This is perfect, as that means we'll finish this horse on our first turn at sz3. Side-note: got a preference on those 2T of growing going into a granary or Impi? It's just going to be 2 hammers until we're at sz3 and probably looking at settler.

Also, I'm not sure what to do with our north worker. Next turn we can sink a turn into a mine on the grass hill 2N of LJS, but that mine just isn't needed yet. I'd suggest doing that, then setting up for an LJS chop that'll probably go into a settler at sz3. Northern warrior:

[Image: t57_hut.JPG]

So the scout is at "1.0/1" which I'm not positive if that's actually 100% or not, but I figure close enough to not be worth delaying the hut by a turn. Is there still a risk of it burning the hut on XP if it's at 1.0/1? That would suck. If there is a risk, we can still sit a turn from here (surely 1T is all you need to heal 0 health even outside of a city). I'm inclined to just go for it next turn.

The Commodore Report:

[Image: t57_comm_report.JPG]

Still no 3rd city.

Yeah we gotta wait one more turn. The scout has something like 96/100 HP right now which rounds up to 1.0/1. We can still get the healing event at this point.

We should move the warrior back to the west next turn to be sure that nobody is going to snatch the hut (we can't see the tile NW of it right now). If someone is there we can take the hut with the scout, else we wait one more turn.