As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Poll: How then shall we play?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Repeat the mistakes and glories of the past!
22.41%
13 22.41%
Wallow in bitterness and rage!
15.52%
9 15.52%
Peace out blissfully and love everyone!
15.52%
9 15.52%
Iron Terminator, Win Above All Else!
20.69%
12 20.69%
Die to Barbarians.
25.86%
15 25.86%
Total 58 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

[spoilers]Oh Canada! Victoria has a Commodore, eh?

(November 10th, 2013, 09:19)Commodore Wrote:
(November 10th, 2013, 09:14)spacetyrantxenu Wrote: I'd like curly fries with mine, please.
I'll add gravy and make it properly Canadian...

You need mayonnaise. popcorn

I reject your use of the word gravy. That's syrup and we all know it.

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

...That's disgusting.
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

(November 10th, 2013, 09:40)Krill Wrote: ...That's disgusting.

Those look suspiciously like Jersey fries to me. Just fries with gravy. Depending on whether the gravy is good or not, it can be an awesome addition once in a while, but only while it is freshly hot. As soon as the gravy cools, the fries become soggy and the whole thing is ruined. Attack it. Quickly, and with overwhelming appetite otherwise it does go over to the gross side.

You need cheese curds with the gravy to make proper poutine. Very popular in eastern Canada, especially Montreal. wink

By all means carry on the "Canadian Culinary Atrocities" theme with the poutine talk. But to address a few questions...
(November 9th, 2013, 15:19)flugauto Wrote: How does the winning conditions screen look like?
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG]
(November 10th, 2013, 07:21)Zed-F Wrote: A flying camera map of your civ would be nice too.
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG]

Overall, been nice and disciplined about growing my food-poor cities and the financial coasts are getting some play. But I'm running out (or, um, out) of room to easily expand and all the fiscal jackhammers in the world aren't going to match the land areas of the big boys out there. Pindicooter tops me in land area, they have more easy land to get to...and they are nowhere close to dtay, mackoti, or plako...
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG]
...or Fintarry. wink Good job guys with the Taoism bulb! I need to figure out a GP strategy, or at least plan on making a few of these Great People we keep hearing about.
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

Well sweet! I was right about there being a resource on that hill; pity it wasn't copper but glad it wasn't coal. This capital keeps getting better and better; I'll be growing to nearly max size ASAP so I need Bureaucracy now rather than later. Priesthood next because its cheap and basically pays for itself in Code of Laws; then Civil Service. Need this to be a Bureaucap post-haste.
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0006.JPG]

I have iron in another city's BFC, although it'll be a few more turns to get inside. Saskatoon, eventually the hilariously backwater location of the Holy See, will definitely enjoy the iron mine; not like I'll be slaving here much. Or growing here much either, early.
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0008.JPG]
Actually, Saskatoon reminds me of another little foodless crap location, but even crappier! Got good use out of that one though...
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0157.JPG]

Against the theme of "foodless cities" is little Ellesmere Island, which owns food and naught else. I'm doing the slightly nerfed whip overflow into Moai thing to get them in a decent timeframe. This will be an excellent Moai spot...in eighty plus turns. Too many. Ah well, it's not a complete waste of a settler.
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0007.JPG]

Now I just need more places to use settlers...

Popped another one!
I think at this point we can admit this is the best city in the world, easy. I consider this a Blessing of Krill for cottaging a grass hill.
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0011.JPG]

It's not amazing or anything, but it is close (read: cheap) and has enough forest cover to make it a good starter; here's lovely Tundra Island, now with some (artificially distant) seafood. I'll take it. Axel Heiberg, clearly.
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0013.JPG]

This is soooo not a typical Big and Small, which I approve of (much as I dislike my own trappedness). Here are very lush, green, and healthy arctic islands. If I can access them I am delighted; I hope there is some manner of Northeast Passage to be found; signs are mildly hopeful I guess.
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0012.JPG]

Oh, also, in news for those who care about winning, Mackoti is rolling mostly_harmless. Not a huge shock. Its something for the contenders to worry about, at least, I just want my 70th parallel and above.

Spread the word! I wonder when Nakor will pick a religion to go with. I'm guessing Hinduism with the Vikings, but I have no idea what Rome will eventually choose. Beyond, obviously, Hinduism once Pindicooter conquer him. nod
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0015.JPG]

I do enjoy the minigame. Montreal really needs to not be fussing with missionaries, instead to work on the hilariously late first great person, but one more will give us something to pop St. John's borders. I'll revolt to the religion shortly, as soon as Hindu Saskatoon pops its borders to give us our third iron...soon followed by a fourth.
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0016.JPG]

CANADA:
[Image: but-thousands-flock-here-to-make-real-mo...p-mine.jpg]

How is the town phase plan going?