As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

PB58 Tech Thread

Sounds like a good plan.
Playing: PB74
Played: PB58 - PB59 - PB62 - PB66 - PB67
Dedlurked: PB56 (Amicalola) - PB72 (Greenline)
Maps: PB60 - PB61 - PB63 - PB68 - PB70 - PB73 - PB76

There are two kinds of people in the world: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data

I guess I shoudl vote, huh?

Map: balanced, I guess. I think exploration is important.
No map trading
level: monarch.
Barbs: no barb cities, no barb ships
cylindrical
PB Simultaneous. I don't understand why you would play a sequential pitboss.
fixed settings: all fine.
Completed:  PBEM 34g (W), 36 , 35 , 5o, 34s, 5p, 42, 48 and PB 9, 18, 27, 57

Current:  PB 52.  Boudicca of Maya

(December 7th, 2020, 14:05)AutomatedTeller Wrote: PB Simultaneous.  I don't understand why you would play a sequential pitboss.

Turn splits. Speaking of, I hope we don't need to have that discussion shifty

what I meant is, if it's sequential, what's the advantage of pitboss over pbem?
Completed:  PBEM 34g (W), 36 , 35 , 5o, 34s, 5p, 42, 48 and PB 9, 18, 27, 57

Current:  PB 52.  Boudicca of Maya

(December 7th, 2020, 16:29)AutomatedTeller Wrote: what I meant is, if it's sequential, what's the advantage of pitboss over pbem?

- Reloading and all the other management stuff from admins
- PBSpy itself
- Modupdates
Mods: RtR    CtH

Pitboss: PB39, PB40PB52, PB59 Useful Collections: Pickmethods, Mapmaking, Curious Civplayer

Buy me a coffee

(December 7th, 2020, 16:29)AutomatedTeller Wrote: what I meant is, if it's sequential, what's the advantage of pitboss over pbem?

You can log in outside your turn to plan (you can do the same in PBEM, but you don't see what the other players have done.)

And you don't have to worry about players savescumming.

Advantages for sequential Pitboss over PBEM:

- No chasing who has the save
- No possibility of reload cheating
- Always online to look at the current state of the game
- Teams of cooperating players or lurkers can easily share
- Easier than PBEM to swap in a substitute player
- The turn timer, to push players to log in and play

For sequential Pitboss compared to simultaneous Pitboss, the advantages are the obvious of no double moves or clock races or other timing shenanigans.

Here are my selections ...

Balanced map
No map trading
Monarch
Torodial
Fixed settings - fine by me

Q re Barbs ... a) Barbs but not c) no cities ... is that possible?

Q re PB turn order ... have we ever played sequential?
I have finally decided to put down some cash and register a website. It is www.ruffhi.com. Now I remain free to move the hosting options without having to change the name of the site.

(October 22nd, 2014, 10:52)Caledorn Wrote: And ruff is officially banned from playing in my games as a reward for ruining my big surprise by posting silly and correct theories in the PB18 tech thread.

(December 7th, 2020, 21:17)Ruff_Hi Wrote: Q re PB turn order ... have we ever played sequential?

pb50
"Superdeath seems to have acquired a rep for aggression somehow. [Image: noidea.gif] In this game that's going to help us because he's going to go to the negotiating table with twitchy eyes and slightly too wide a grin and terrify the neighbors into favorable border agreements, one-sided tech deals and staggered NAPs."
-Old Harry. PB48.

(December 7th, 2020, 21:17)Ruff_Hi Wrote: Q re Barbs ... a) Barbs but not c) no cities ... is that possible?

My interpretation of that request (I think it came from Tarkeel) was that it was meant as in "No pre-placed cities or ships" - though it might be an additional mod-option Charriu worked in