As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[69] Ginger and Miguelito do as fortune commands

so we hope that MS sends the chariot after nauf mischief?

They both have our graphs and if they are C&D inclined they will see a grand total of zero warriors constructed but okay
I've switched 100% spending to Naufragar (and he has responded to keep graphs)

Its Celtia and we need Wheel/Agr for our second city, what can I do?

Naufragar settles 4 turns before (Imperialistic) us and will be popping religion in that city (Mys + SPI + why else settle wet wheat second ring) 
Pink dot was always out of the question with his better capital and free tech, but now our acceptable bare minimum of Orange/Red dots is threatened

This poses a really tricky problem as 20 turns after founding religion, the third ring will give him control over the forest hill marked by the capital sign, which gives two mover access directly to the prospective red dot.

Also we will need to settle within 5 tiles of this holy city to prevent him from using the culture as an encroachment tool. Additionally, we'll be in extra deep shit if he builds Oracle along the border. Maybe SD beats him to Oracle as Sumeria, idk, fingers crossed. I really want to secure that second source of stone. It's a good tile on a barren map and we need to deny it to Nauf.

The most workable solution in my eyes seems to be splitting red dot into two cities

Possible rewards:
  • C1 on all chariots
  • state religion spread to up to 5? cities
The second seems somewhat worthwhile, but 8 chariots is a tall order, and we'd also need to go through a turn of anarchy. Most likely we'll ignore it?

Yeah I think if I build 8 chariots I want C1 to take shock or medic

Naufragar’s fast expansion is stymying but if we can claim stone and ivory I’m sufficiently please with the rest of the land that we can make something work from all these stinking plains. I’m worried that copper might be really inconvenient for us.

And we’re still running skeleton military, Nauf power jumped up 4pts which might be a spear frown

Oh to be Khmer (admittedly would still take Joao over Toku but goddamn Khmer would’ve been so much nicer than Celtics)
Speaking of Joao, given that we hate the pick, and our neighbors probably hate it too (who likes being next to Joao?), we’re going with Villains as the naming scheme.

The capital is my personal favorite, Iago from Othello
Miguelito you get to do the honors for our freshly settled second city smile

Stringer Bell?

(Ducks and covers)
Playing: PB74
Played: PB58 - PB59 - PB62 - PB66 - PB67
Dedlurked: PB56 (Amicalola) - PB72 (Greenline)
Maps: PB60 - PB61 - PB63 - PB68 - PB70 - PB73 - PB76

There are two kinds of people in the world: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data

Uriah Heep from David Copperfield (an 'umble suggestion).

I have a couple on hand that I know I want, but will include all lurker suggestions when my favs run out smile

In foreign news, Naufragar built the Stonehenge in his capital, which is a relief honestly, he likely won't be teching religion very early (bc why would you build Henge lol, if you want the GP you can just do Oracle), and instead of a 5cul holy city we have a 1culture monument on our border. Of course he could be trolling, but honestly thats still a good outcome
Also that's a completely massive investment, two workers at this stage? Wow! His capital must be really juiced vis a vis ours.

Well that aged like milk as Nauf decided to stack religion and stonehenge. Spirit of a Timmy trapped in the mind of a Spike, I tell ya

Also Bingvac made their appearance to our west and it appears we will not be able to contest the gems. We might yet control the dyes with culture and a fort if we shift our dotmap.

Also the miracle of the scout-scrying has revealed that Magic Science settled toward us which puts our dotmap in a really awkward predicament. We have too few workers and are very far behind in the chopping train than I'd usually be, as a result of the terrible starting techs.

We need military to defend these city sites, workers to road there, and finally settlers to actually stake the claim. Its a pain in the ass when all neighbors decide that you're priority to wall off.
Peace is non-negotiable

I'm not even sure its correct to wall off the fast expanding leader. Just let you tank your economy!