As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] scooter, pindicator, and Huayna Capac try some fast Zulu cuisine

(December 29th, 2012, 16:59)pindicator Wrote: Also, I need a new mouse.

(December 29th, 2012, 17:19)NobleHelium Wrote: You should always press G and hover over the unit to get odds. DO NOT use right click + hold down, that's just asking for trouble. I use that for regular movement too instead of right clicking.

You can ALT hover over the unit to see the odds.

Well, I still need a new mouse lol My brother got me borderlands 2 for Christmas -- btw scooter, I didn't know you made a cameo in that game wink -- and zooming on scope weapons with right click goes in and out with some irregularity.

Anyway, new turn!

Our scout died frown

Offered horses to Azza

Offered cease fire to Commodore (just cause)

Did some important renaming that had been neglected wink

And the one question: do we upgrade our impi to Cover? I think yes, but want to double check here first.

If Commodore isn't going to accept a cease fire I see no reason to keep offering it. I don't want to get into a situation where he spams us with peace treaties every turn until we misclick and accept one.

I had a quick minute so I popped in game. Crazy thing is I STILL see no Azza roads, so that horse may not even matter lol. Maybe he's finishing Wheel now or something.

Anyways, I went ahead and promoted the Impi to cover since I agree, and I also moved him towards the stone. I figure we want him surveying that gap as a Commodore sentry (the grass forest hill and the desert hill are attractive places to camp) and the other Impi can cover the southern front. And yeah, let's stop offering cease fires from now on I guess. There are pretty pointless here after all. I'm perfectly happy to get a peace treaty once we have cities settled between us, but as long as he's a threat to poach our land, no enforced peace for him. Pretty soon here we should make a habit of checking his tile yields basically every turn. I imagine he'll tech IW as he needs it anyway for the jungle, and we can see if he has iron by yields. He could also get it in the fog of course, but nothing we can do about that.

Oh, and quick FYI. Plako just razed something from Merovech. Lewwyn and Plako getting in the first city razes AND Commodore starting the first foolish conflict is probably not the most surprising slate of things ever. wink

We need to play the turn and such.

Took care of the turn in my hungover state - so that's my excuse for when Noble chimes in about how he hates my worker movements

Let's look abroad at first. I see promising signs for Azza:

[Image: y4mj2TjE50Mk5MJfKKgno25E83K2PFEpo5-D9oMD...pmode=none]

It's a start, anyway.

Also abroad, Judaism fell last turn. Not that we were racing for it, but if we want a religion... rolf I'm sorry. The thought of us getting a religion this game is very funny for some reason.

City #4 is ready to settle next turn. And the worker moves probably look a little odd, it's because ... well, maybe there is no good reason. But I'll give you my reason

[Image: y4magf2OKPW8H-WrBpG6RA49igWB_iJNFjpkETtO...pmode=none]

Blue worker will mine the plains hill, which will finish right as LJS gets to size 4. LJS can probably needs to give us another worker soon, considering how we have 2 going towards the stone site, leaving us 2 workers to improve 4 cities. Red worker will move E and put 1 turn into a farm (after city #4 is settled). Then it will farm the corn.

Edit: Realize now that LJS has the cottage to work at size 4. Yep... Well, if we don't want the mine then I would recommend roading that plains hill instead.

Originally I was trying to sort out something that involved chopping into granaries - but with Math 5 turns away and the plan for this city being lighthouse -> moai, I decided to hold off on the chopping and just improve tiles. Still, we really do need more workers. (Hmmm, maybe city #4 can do a whip overflow of worker -> moai after that stone is up.)

What are we calling this new city, btw?

In the west we have hooked up the gold. Now to figure out the best way to road to our new stone city. I think we have 5 turns until the settler is done in Zaxby's.

[Image: y4mPGPPemi2ksOsQbKB4I8X2jPONUjU8VRtlVpP6...pmode=none]

Notice Azza is going to make contact with Commodore when he moves 1W (the peak tile can spot the coast, right?). And Commodore is going to realize that there is someone beyond us and probably double his efforts to be a dick; hopefully he gets his own boat in the water and goes north to find out where Azza really is.

Finally, I know we have a timetable for getting cities down in the west, but if we put one 1N of our warrior, that is going to be an awful strong spot down the road:

[Image: y4m0sTcJdhFrMsb02anpGgpjrQ9KW6JGqQgITVex...pmode=none]

I think we need to plant there right after the crab city.

Clearly we're going to be the copper barons of Pitboss 8.

Yeah, Commodore's peak will see Azza's work boat. We can just road straight northwest from McD for now towards the stone.

Thanks for getting that Pindicator. I'm heading home in a few hours, so I can play the next turn tonight if you want. Let me know.

My first thought was "crap, Commodore is going to swap maps with Azza and see our land"... Then I realized we can actually use that - wait a few turns and then trade maps with Azza and get Commodore's land unfogged.

THEN I realized - good chance neither of them have Writing lol. But let's keep an eye on that and try with Azza in a bit.

Commodore's already seen all of the land between us, and I don't think it matters whether Commodore sees the land behind us or not, so I don't think it's a big deal.