As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

PB58 Tech Thread

Charriu has added two in-game options for disabling barbarian ships and cities, which are the parts of barbarians that are most unfun and unbalancing.
Playing: PB74
Played: PB58 - PB59 - PB62 - PB66 - PB67
Dedlurked: PB56 (Amicalola) - PB72 (Greenline)
Maps: PB60 - PB61 - PB63 - PB68 - PB70 - PB73 - PB76

There are two kinds of people in the world: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data

Tarkeel is right. To add to that those options only prevent the spawning of these elements not the regular building via cities
Mods: RtR    CtH

Pitboss: PB39, PB40PB52, PB59 Useful Collections: Pickmethods, Mapmaking, Curious Civplayer

Buy me a coffee

Ok ... Barbs vote ... yes to barbs. No to cities and ships.
I have finally decided to put down some cash and register a website. It is www.ruffhi.com. Now I remain free to move the hosting options without having to change the name of the site.

(October 22nd, 2014, 10:52)Caledorn Wrote: And ruff is officially banned from playing in my games as a reward for ruining my big surprise by posting silly and correct theories in the PB18 tech thread.

Id really prefer barbs not be on at all, both barbs and events are just extra RNG that messes with the game.
"Superdeath seems to have acquired a rep for aggression somehow. [Image: noidea.gif] In this game that's going to help us because he's going to go to the negotiating table with twitchy eyes and slightly too wide a grin and terrify the neighbors into favorable border agreements, one-sided tech deals and staggered NAPs."
-Old Harry. PB48.

Jowy, want a dedlurker?
"I know that Kilpatrick is a hell of a damned fool, but I want just that sort of man to command my cavalry on this expedition."
- William Tecumseh Sherman

With Christmas on the horizon I just wanted to know when you want to start with the game so that I can prepare your mod version
Mods: RtR    CtH

Pitboss: PB39, PB40PB52, PB59 Useful Collections: Pickmethods, Mapmaking, Curious Civplayer

Buy me a coffee

(December 8th, 2020, 13:16)GeneralKilCavalry Wrote: Jowy, want a dedlurker?

YES!

I'm willing to start at any time - I don't have any problem playing through christmas, as I'm not going anywhere wink

Or we can wait till the new year.

Are we waiting for more signups? or going with what we have? Either way is fine with me.
Completed:  PBEM 34g (W), 36 , 35 , 5o, 34s, 5p, 42, 48 and PB 9, 18, 27, 57

Current:  PB 52.  Boudicca of Maya

I should be able to sneak off to play 5-min opening turns throughout christmas, so no issues for me.
Playing: PB74
Played: PB58 - PB59 - PB62 - PB66 - PB67
Dedlurked: PB56 (Amicalola) - PB72 (Greenline)
Maps: PB60 - PB61 - PB63 - PB68 - PB70 - PB73 - PB76

There are two kinds of people in the world: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data

@Jowy: We only miss your votes Jowy, and just for a few settings as many have a majority now (in red below).

@Ruff: Do I understand your post correctly that you are for having Barbs on but not for checking the option to disable barb ships and cities (-> vote Barbs)? Or did you mean barbs on but without cities and ships (-> vote for option "no barb cities or ships")

@all: Does anyone feel strongly for barbs? If not, I'd be inclined to go no barbs on a tie there as both SD and I are strongly in disfavor of them.

For the map wrap I'll throw a dice if Jowy is not casting a deciding vote there, if that is ok with everyone.
PB mode seems it will be simultaneous, as I believe I remember that Jowy does not mind that, though I don't mean to speak for him of course.

Also I'm fine with going with the 6 players we have, I think the thread was long enough up that anyone that has interest and free time has signed up by now. We probably would need to wait several weeks for some of the games running right now to progress further to get more players. 

As for the settings, we have so far (in red decided ones):

- Balanced map / Mirrored map / Known world (map fully revealed to everyone before picks)

(4) Balanced map - Tarkeel, Superdeath, AT, Ruff
(1) Mirrored map - Tarkeel
(2) Known world - Serdoa, Tarkeel

- No map trading / map trading

(4) No map trading - Serdoa, Tarkeel, AT, Ruff
(1) Map trading - Superdeath

- Prince / Monarch / Emperor / Immortal / Deity (?)

(0) Prince:
(4) Monarch: Tarkeel, Superdeath, AT, Ruff
(2) Emperor: Tarkeel, Superdeath
(1) Immortal: Serdoa
(0) Deity:

- Barbarians / No Barbarians / No Barbarian Cities or Ships

(0) Barbarians:
(3) No Barbarians: Serdoa, Tarkeel, Superdeath
(2) No Barbarian Cities, Ships: Tarkeel, AT

- Cylindrical / Torodial

(2) Cylindrical: Tarkeel, AT
(3) Torodial: Serdoa, Superdeath, Ruff

- PB simultaneous / PB sequential / PB simultaneous for the first 40 turns (given there are no wars) then change to sequential

(4) PB simultaneous: Serdoa, Tarkeel, Superdeath, AT
(3) PB sequential: Serdoa, Tarkeel, Superdeath
(3) PB simultaneous for first 40 turns: Serdoa, Tarkeel, Superdeath

Fixed settings:

- no tech trading
- no diplomacy
- no city gifting
- no unit gifting
- ancient start
- no advanced start
- no tribal huts
- no random events