As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[LURKERS] Civ 6 PBEM 15: May the Odds be Ever In Your Favor

We should declare archduke AWOL at this point... Exrook can roll a random map if that's what the players want and maybe even use the kick to sp trick if they want to get rid of Nan Madol (Woden forgot about that when he let that CS back in).

I hope Nan Madol spawns... whatever map they go with

The start Wooden posted is definitely not the Persia start from the images shared above, and it seems unlikely that any balancing Archduke would have done would have altered that start in such an inconsequential way.

Is that information worth passing on to the players?

(May 27th, 2019, 21:58)williams482 Wrote: The start Wooden posted is definitely not the Persia start from the images shared above, and it seems unlikely that any balancing Archduke would have done would have altered that start in such an inconsequential way.

I think Archduke did alter it in an inconsequential way -- Persia's start is the only one with only a SW coast.

(May 28th, 2019, 12:42)MJW (ya that one) Wrote:
(May 27th, 2019, 21:58)williams482 Wrote: The start Wooden posted is definitely not the Persia start from the images shared above, and it seems unlikely that any balancing Archduke would have done would have altered that start in such an inconsequential way.

I think Archduke did alter it in an inconsequential way -- Persia's start is the only one with only a SW coast.

I don't know, it seems more likely that this is a brand new map (of Archduke's design or not) which places Persia on roughly the same part of the map, than it is that archduke radically redesigned that earlier map in a seemingly pointless manner. Different food bonuses, different shaped river, closer tundra, no mountain, etc. It's all different except the approximate orientation of the coast.

With a random map, combined with the probability that CFCJ will hand other players free cities, I put the odds of rage-quit over 50%. If it weren't for the fact that Woden and sub are the type of people to suck it up and pindi would not want to look hypocritical. There's a very good chance that people effectively go NMR like Maya did in Civ4 ISDG #2 though...

Finished modifying the map and sent it to Woden to create the save.  It is Archdukes map, with the Ottomans moved east into the gap between the mountains, as suggested. I also deleted all the goody huts.

I placed eight random city states. All on fresh water, and I tried not to get too close to any one player start. I'm sure some will complain, but so be it. The only way to be sure one isn't Nan Madol is to pick specific city states to place - and that would be open to complaints about which types got placed where.

Oh kick to SP doesn't work? You could have used random.org if they allowed you to place city-states. Woden took it off the ban list, no-one said anything and Woden starting next to CFCJF is much worse. He'll probably even get off Persia's useless ability. So I won't interfere with this.

Thanks for finishing the job, Exrook. Looking forward to round two.