As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Serdoa, Ichabod and Ex-Girlfriends - co-starring NH,Bigger and Lewwyn

Well the cottage west of Fernanda wasn't supposed to be completed, both DG workers are supposed to be NE of Fernanda this turn. This means we'll finish the plantation on t114 which is actually fast enough for Ana Paula and Iris's happiness, but it means we're losing food in Fernanda from not having the plantation sooner. We could pull K off his jungle to put in the missing turn but it's shitty either way. I guess working the sugar one turn later (or just working it at 3f) isn't too terrible.

Oh sorry. I was a little overwhelmed with all the signs tbh.

Yeah, I thought you knew because you removed the sign that said "finish this cottage later" indicating that the cottage wasn't supposed to be finished. lol

So yeah, we did get the Colossus.

I moved a few no-brainer units and assigned tiles as I recommend. Barb did not attack. I guess we can move K off the jungle to the north and finish that cottage, put a turn into the plantation on the sugar, and wait a turn. Hopefully he'll attack...

I'd like to put the vulture on that jungle-tile K was sitting on. That way the barb has to attack or move into the forest that is 1E of the mountain. And in that case we probably can finish the chariot and kill him before he becomes a problem again. What do you think?

Oh, forget it... that vulture has not any movement left. So what will happen is that the barb will move into the jungle. We then can move the vulture into the city but I'd rather not gamble the city on him winning, so we need another unit in there. That means we most likely have to move the warrior in putting the worker in danger. *sigh* Or we whip Heidi yet again for the Chariot to finish. But that will put us at 19 turns of whip unhappy.

So, the question I guess is: Do we gamble a worker next turn OR the city OR do we instead move the worker in the city and lose 2 worker turns OR do we whip the chariot? I don't like the first two (we got exceptionally lucky with the warrior vs axe fight, we are due to get that back) so either we stack whip unhappy or we lose worker turns. Not sure what is worse but I think the worker turns and subsequent delay of getting sugar online is not something we want. So many words to say: I think we should whip Heidi.

Why are we researching Poly again?

It was mostly a placeholder. We got a Hinduism spread in Iris so we could adopt that as our religion and grab OR. Or we can tech Aesthetics and build Paya. And this:

(September 2nd, 2013, 22:54)NobleHelium Wrote: I was thinking and we could consider pursuing a religious strategy after Calendar. Sweeping the religious line will not be very difficult, we can land Christianity for OR, and build the AP at our leisure. Obviously we don't get cheap temples, but we do have stone for the trio, and with a water-heavy empire I feel having per-city bonuses would help a lot. Tech could go something like Poly -> Mono -> Theo -> Med -> Priesthood -> Monarchy -> Feudalism -> CoL -> Civil Service? That will probably be faster than it sounds. We're looking at 9 turns to Theo or so. Or if we manage to con Jowy into giving us marble for a decent amount of time, we could go for GLib and the top of the tree instead. lol Oh, and we do have gold for Paya. Interesting...

Whipping Heidi sounds fine to me if the chariot can reach the axe, I forget the exact distance now. The unhappy is irrelevant, it's just losing the pop that's annoying.

And I changed research to break-even. We make 242 combined beakers and gold at 0% but 251 at break-even. Also we finish Poly this turn that way.

Ah yeah, makes sense. I forgot that post sorry. I change tech back to 0% because I offered jowy 5gpt and ivory for marble and if we get it we want Aesth -> Lit quickly. And I make the whip in Heidi, Chariot can reach if he moves as expected.