As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

PB58 Tech Thread

Personally I think barbs are a part of the experience, and fog-busting a vital skill, but I'm willing to play with them off. As for map-wrap, it might be better to leave it pindicator?

I think we should set up player order so that it's possible to go sequential later on.

I see one thing that's not been discussed yet: Spies
Playing: PB74
Played: PB58 - PB59 - PB62 - PB66 - PB67
Dedlurked: PB56 (Amicalola) - PB72 (Greenline)
Maps: PB60 - PB61 - PB63 - PB68 - PB70 - PB73 - PB76

There are two kinds of people in the world: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data

(December 9th, 2020, 02:49)Serdoa Wrote: @Jowy: We only miss your votes Jowy, and just for a few settings as many have a majority now (in red below).

@Ruff: Do I understand your post correctly that you are for having Barbs on but not for checking the option to disable barb ships and cities (-> vote Barbs)? Or did you mean barbs on but without cities and ships (-> vote for option "no barb cities or ships")

@all: Does anyone feel strongly for barbs? If not, I'd be inclined to go no barbs on a tie there as both SD and I are strongly in disfavor of them.

For the map wrap I'll throw a dice if Jowy is not casting a deciding vote there, if that is ok with everyone.
PB mode seems it will be simultaneous, as I believe I remember that Jowy does not mind that, though I don't mean to speak for him of course.

Also I'm fine with going with the 6 players we have, I think the thread was long enough up that anyone that has interest and free time has signed up by now. We probably would need to wait several weeks for some of the games running right now to progress further to get more players. 

As for the settings, we have so far (in red decided ones):

- Balanced map / Mirrored map / Known world (map fully revealed to everyone before picks)

(4) Balanced map - Tarkeel, Superdeath, AT, Ruff
(1) Mirrored map - Tarkeel
(2) Known world - Serdoa, Tarkeel

- No map trading / map trading

(4) No map trading - Serdoa, Tarkeel, AT, Ruff
(1) Map trading - Superdeath

- Prince / Monarch / Emperor / Immortal / Deity (?)

(0) Prince:
(4) Monarch: Tarkeel, Superdeath, AT, Ruff
(2) Emperor: Tarkeel, Superdeath
(1) Immortal: Serdoa
(0) Deity:

- Barbarians / No Barbarians / No Barbarian Cities or Ships

(0) Barbarians:
(3) No Barbarians: Serdoa, Tarkeel, Superdeath
(2) No Barbarian Cities, Ships: Tarkeel, AT

- Cylindrical / Torodial

(2) Cylindrical: Tarkeel, AT
(3) Torodial: Serdoa, Superdeath, Ruff

- PB simultaneous / PB sequential / PB simultaneous for the first 40 turns (given there are no wars) then change to sequential

(4) PB simultaneous: Serdoa, Tarkeel, Superdeath, AT
(3) PB sequential: Serdoa, Tarkeel, Superdeath
(3) PB simultaneous for first 40 turns: Serdoa, Tarkeel, Superdeath

Fixed settings:

- no tech trading
- no diplomacy
- no city gifting
- no unit gifting
- ancient start
- no advanced start
- no tribal huts
- no random events
- snake pick
- normal game speed
- unrestricted leaders
- not more than 9 players

Votes remaining to be cast by:

- Jowy

Balanced map
No map trading
Monarch
No Barbarians
Toroidal
PB simultaneous

No ties yw!

I'm fine playing with 6 and starting soon.

I voted BARBS but no CITIES / GALLIES.

Or I tried to vote that way. Where are those vote supervisors who correct votes when you need them?

Spies ON but no active missions.
I have finally decided to put down some cash and register a website. It is www.ruffhi.com. Now I remain free to move the hosting options without having to change the name of the site.

(October 22nd, 2014, 10:52)Caledorn Wrote: And ruff is officially banned from playing in my games as a reward for ruining my big surprise by posting silly and correct theories in the PB18 tech thread.

(December 9th, 2020, 08:10)Ruff_Hi Wrote: I voted BARBS but no CITIES / GALLIES.

Or I tried to vote that way.  Where are those vote supervisors who correct votes when you need them?

Spies ON but no active missions.

Active missions are disabled by the mod. wink
Mods: RtR    CtH

Pitboss: PB39, PB40PB52, PB59 Useful Collections: Pickmethods, Mapmaking, Curious Civplayer

Buy me a coffee

As for the settings, we have all finished now, except Spies on or off (in red decided ones). I also informed pindicator and asked if he is still up for the map and if so to ask us in this thread which further information he needs.

- Full Espionage / Spies on, no missions / Espionage off, no spies
(0) Full Espionage -
(1) Spies on, no missions - Ruff
(1) Espionage off, no spies - Serdoa

- Balanced map / Mirrored map / Known world (map fully revealed to everyone before picks)

(5) Balanced map - Tarkeel, Superdeath, AT, Ruff, Jowy
(1) Mirrored map - Tarkeel
(2) Known world - Serdoa, Tarkeel

- No map trading / map trading

(5) No map trading - Serdoa, Tarkeel, AT, Ruff, Jowy
(1) Map trading - Superdeath

- Prince / Monarch / Emperor / Immortal / Deity (?)

(0) Prince:
(5) Monarch: Tarkeel, Superdeath, AT, Ruff, Jowy
(2) Emperor: Tarkeel, Superdeath
(1) Immortal: Serdoa
(0) Deity:

- Barbarians / No Barbarians / No Barbarian Cities or Ships

(1) Barbarians: Ruff
(4) No Barbarians: Serdoa, Tarkeel, Superdeath, Jowy
(3) No Barbarian Cities, Ships: Tarkeel, AT, Ruff

- Cylindrical / Torodial

(2) Cylindrical: Tarkeel, AT
(4) Torodial: Serdoa, Superdeath, Ruff, Jowy

- PB simultaneous / PB sequential / PB simultaneous for the first 40 turns (given there are no wars) then change to sequential

(5) PB simultaneous: Serdoa, Tarkeel, Superdeath, AT, Jowy
(3) PB sequential: Serdoa, Tarkeel, Superdeath
(3) PB simultaneous for first 40 turns: Serdoa, Tarkeel, Superdeath

Fixed settings:

- no tech trading
- no diplomacy
- no city gifting
- no unit gifting
- ancient start
- no advanced start
- no tribal huts
- no random events
- snake pick
- normal game speed
- unrestricted leaders
- not more than 9 players

I would prefer to play with espionage on (IE; not converted to culture and required for graphs etc) but spy units off. Not sure how that fits in with your options?
Playing: PB74
Played: PB58 - PB59 - PB62 - PB66 - PB67
Dedlurked: PB56 (Amicalola) - PB72 (Greenline)
Maps: PB60 - PB61 - PB63 - PB68 - PB70 - PB73 - PB76

There are two kinds of people in the world: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data

(December 9th, 2020, 09:51)Tarkeel Wrote: I would prefer to play with espionage on (IE; not converted to culture and required for graphs etc) but spy units off. Not sure how that fits in with your options?

I guess that is what I meant with Espionage off, sorry, I'm simultaneously in a call with my company.

Hey, I'll start work on the map now that I have the settings / number of players. I have one more question for everyone to chime in on, first:

1. What size of map do you want?
- lots of room, settle 20+ cities before space runs out
- medium sized, 11-20 cities, possibly fighting over 2nd ring with nearest neighbor (pbem78 sized)
- small, 10 cities max, conflict in first ring possible
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

The mod version for your game is ready. CtH 1.6 download thread

Note that the only gameplay changes aside from bugfixes are

- No more free wins against barbs. Instead they do not attack you if you have a settler and MP unit on the same tile.
- Barbs do not raze a city
- Circumnavigation requires Optics
Mods: RtR    CtH

Pitboss: PB39, PB40PB52, PB59 Useful Collections: Pickmethods, Mapmaking, Curious Civplayer

Buy me a coffee

(December 9th, 2020, 10:13)pindicator Wrote: Hey, I'll start work on the map now that I have the settings / number of players.  I have one more question for everyone to chime in on, first:

1. What size of map do you want?
- lots of room, settle 20+ cities before space runs out
- medium sized, 11-20 cities, possibly fighting over 2nd ring with nearest neighbor (pbem78 sized)
- small, 10 cities max, conflict in first ring possible

Lots of room