As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[PB69] Bing admires the auspicious number of smoothness and longevity

Bing, the anti-siege promo only applies to the unit the knight attacks, but a question for the lurkers: isn't the collateral damage applied to the stack based off the amount of damage done by the cat to the defending unit?
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

No, that is a persistent myth. But the direct battle makes no difference whatsoever for the collateral damage. Charriu has a detailed post about this in his Mystery of the dll series.

Bing, one advantage of concentrating great generals in one city is you can eventually get to training commando units, which can be very powerful.
Erebus in the Balance - a FFH Modmod based around balancing and polishing FFH for streamlined competitive play.

Turn 185. The last SD city falls, the one on the island. So we have 18 cities, 20 once two SD spots razed by Msci just recently are resettled.

Net income is 46, 57 when units are withdrawn within borders. Without SD's GLH, net income would be around 10. At the current research rate it will take 174 turns to get to Cannons. 3 other people have Gunpowder so there's a real risk of getting crushed by Riflemen. Diplomatic situation remains favourable, since Nauf can only attack Msci and Pind can only attack Commodore.

LOTS of city growing to do.
[Image: mDf5TNb.png]

Net income is lower than the cost of unit upkeep (59)

Turn 97: Net income 24
Turn 108 : Net income 44
Turn 127 : Net income 121
Turn 185 : Net income 58 (after some tweaks), Steel expected turn 355
Turn 186: Net income 45 (city left revolt and costs upkeep), Steel expected turn 352
Turn 187: Net income 31 (founded another city), Steel expected turn ~400. Gunpowder in 7 turns..... Commodore has started making Riesengarde and Magicscience making muskets.
Turn 188, Net income 53
Turn 189: Net income 53 (was 64 before founding city #20), got +266 gold from an event and can now get Gunpowder in 3 turns.
Turn 190: Net income 49
Turn 191: Net income 67, Gunpowder next turn, moved stack toward MSci because nauf declared war on him, but probably then will make peace treaty. Force ratios now at 0.8 with Msci and 1.0 with Commodore.

Turn 192: Invaded by Commodore, whipping resumes... Gunpower researched.
Commodore is going to get one of my cities (the closest one) before me troops arrive, partly because I moved them towards Msci the previous turn after nauf got an opportunistic raze in on a major Msci city (how??). Also because I got lax and wasn't scouting in Cdore.
Thankfully, Cdore razed a really shite SD filler city that I'd forgotten to raze when I took it. I left it ungarrisoned hoping for that. Thank goodness!

Now - let's see if Pind attacks Cdore. I offered him iron ivory and another poor, border SD city for it

Spoiler: as you know from other threads presumably, Pind attacked the SD region instead, and so I was very doomed. Interesting game!

You seemed to be doing well, and then you got 2 vs 1. It happens.