As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Charriu and Zalson are fighting the honorable post count war!

There isn’t a lot we can do to guard against a Pratorian rush except get axes ... and not be next to Rome. Has anyone successfully defended?
"My ancestors came here on the Magna Carta!"

www.earnestwords.com

Looks like the game is up; I can't login and am going out of town this weekend. But I should be able to check in if you want to post some screenshots.

Remember, we can use the score to determine the number of available land tiles and we can try to figure out the worldwrap by circling the entire globe in a go-to order.

Good luck!

www.earnestwords.com

Zalsonyeah our primary goal should be that second city site and 3rd city site. I think my biggest concern is our time to city 3. What was the food at in the capital at on t36? Maybe we chop and whip the 3rd city around turn 40-42? We will need to get the workboat out too.

Yes, I agree 2nd and 3rd city is primary goal. The capital is at 0 food in T36.

(June 29th, 2018, 19:12)Zalson Wrote: We need to get to slavery quickly once we have pottery; then we whip the granaries at size 2 at nearly full food (we want to regrow in 1 turn) and then we are off to the races.

I wanted to flip to slavery the turn the workboat arrives. I will post a plan shortly

(June 29th, 2018, 19:12)Zalson Wrote: City 2 should go ... maybe barracks first?   Depending on what the other sites offer we should chose quickly what kind of city it needs to be. If we get a copper/high production site, I think it makes a barracks and military pump useful.  I’d prefer a high food site than can share with the cap so we grow faster on to cottages. We’ll  see...

Sounds like a plan. I definitly want to share with the cap.

(June 29th, 2018, 19:12)Zalson Wrote: This was a super challenging post from my phone. Dunno if there’s more before we see the map.

I feel with you. alright

(June 29th, 2018, 19:14)Zalson Wrote: There isn’t a lot we can do to guard against a Pratorian rush except get axes ... and not be next to Rome. Has anyone successfully defended?

Well, then we have to be the first ones cool
Mods: RtR    CtH

Pitboss: PB39, PB40PB52, PB59 Useful Collections: Pickmethods, Mapmaking, Curious Civplayer

Buy me a coffee

Game started. Here is the initial screen:

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG?raw=1]

Everything looks like before. There are some things I noticed:
  • There is water all along our southern border
  • There is an ice tile just under the fog to the SE. Being a cylindrical map we are propabely down in the south.
I'm waiting for the other players to confirm that everything is ok. I'll propably move the scout to the west, maybe on to the plain hill. After that the scout will move in a circle counter-clockwise around my cap. I don't think I need to scout the south as it's all water and the border pop from the cap will explore enough of the area.

Pitboss: PB39, PB40PB52, PB59 Useful Collections: Pickmethods, Mapmaking, Curious Civplayer

Buy me a coffee

So here is a quick draft of a plan. It needs refinement and I will have to check into different options. I will do a refined plan, when we know where to put the second city. For this plan I assumed that the second city is 4 tiles away from the cap so that both the cap and second city have the corn in their second ring.

T31: Worker #2 just finished the farm on the corn, worker#1 is still chopping wood, settler needs 2 more turns, teched Fishing -> Wheel, city is working, pig, corn, river mine
T32: Worker #2 moves to forest
T33: Settler finishs, start workboat, worker #1 finishs chop, worker#2 starts chopping
T34: Workboat finishs start settler, worker #1 starts roadwork to second city or improving second city, he will do that for rest of this plan, Revolt to slavery
T35: Workboat connects crab, worker #2 finishs chop, city works pig, crab, river mine, corn is propabely shared with second from now on
T36: Start warrior, work pig, plain hill, river mine to finish warrior next turn, worker #2 moves to next forest
T37: warrior finished continue settler, work pig, crab and river mine again, worker #2 chops
T39: worker #2 finishs chop
T41: settler finished

Buy me a coffee

I figured that we want to settle in place anyway. So I did. Here is an updated screenshot:

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG?raw=1]

So I was right with the ice and there is more water to the east. Seems like we are on the south-east side of the landmass.

Buy me a coffee

Scout to plains hill?

I don’t think there’s any advantage to waiting with huts off.

www.earnestwords.com

(June 30th, 2018, 09:25)Zalson Wrote: Scout to plains hill?

I don’t think there’s any advantage to waiting with huts off.

I know there's no advantage. I just wanted to give you time to give your opinion as long as not everybody has logged in.

Buy me a coffee

T0

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG?raw=1]

Our glorious capitol Exdeath is founded and our Scout (I named him Scott) moved to the plain hill. Contrary to what I suspected, there is not more water. The water was actually a fresh water lake. I signed the tile I want to move Scout Scott to next turn. My reasoning is that I found non forest, non hill tiles 1W and 1NW of this tile, so that he can take full advantage of his 2 move in the next turns. I want to uncover as much terrain as possible as long as there are no animals and barbarians.

Buy me a coffee

I plan to move Scott like this:

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG?raw=1]

Buy me a coffee