As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Civ 6 Release and Update Discussion Thread

Here is an interview with Ed Beach about the direction they are planning on taking Civ 6. Thought I would share in case anybody is interested.

https://www.pcgamesn.com/civilization-vi...-interview

He does discuss the issue with DLC civs being OP and thinks they are going to buff the original civs to the DLC level instead of nerfing the DLC civs. That could be interesting.

They released a hot fix to fix the mess with starting locations. I was curious, disabled any and all MODS that I had (it was actually a mod to fix the starting location issue) and what did i get?

Well done, my friends

[Image: NOgWY1X.jpg]

I haven't downloaded their fix yet but there's a post in the steam community that acknowledges that Firaxis is aware that the "fix" didn't work.

Dark ages are back

Hey, it releases on my birthday! Guess there's at least one good things about it

First impression: looks like a great expansion for single-player games.
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

Governors look interesting, but I want fucking pitboss.
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

(November 28th, 2017, 12:37)pindicator Wrote: First impression: looks like a great expansion for single-player games.

dito

Stealing a summary from Reddit:

Quote:GREAT AGES: As your civilization ebbs and flows, and you reach milestone Historic Moments, you will experience Dark Ages or Golden Ages, each providing specific challenges or bonuses based on your actions in-game. Rise triumphantly from a Dark Age, and your next Golden Age will be even stronger – a Heroic Age.
LOYALTY: Cities now have individual Loyalty to your leadership – let it fall too low, and face the consequences of low yields, revolts, and the potential to lose your city to another civilization, or its own independence. But one civilization’s loss can be your gain as you inspire Loyalty among cities throughout the map and further expand your borders.
GOVERNORS: Recruit, appoint, and upgrade powerful characters with unique specialization bonuses and promotion trees to customize your cities, and reinforce Loyalty.
ENHANCED ALLIANCES: An enhanced alliances system allows players to form different types of alliances and build bonuses over time.
EMERGENCIES: When a civilization grows too powerful, other civilizations can join a pact against the threatening civilization and earn rewards, or penalties, when the Emergency ends.
TIMELINE: Review your civilization’s history at any time with the new Timeline feature, a visual journey through the Historic Moments that you encountered on your path to victory.
NEW LEADERS AND CIVS: Nine leaders and eight new civilizations are introduced. Each brings unique bonuses and gameplay, as well as a total of eight unique units, two unique buildings, four unique improvements, and two unique districts.
NEW GLOBAL CONTENT: Eight new world wonders, seven natural wonders, four new units, two new tile improvements, two new districts, fourteen new buildings, and three new resources have been added.
IMPROVED GAMEPLAY SYSTEMS: The Government system has been enhanced with new Policies and additional improvements have been made to existing systems.

(November 28th, 2017, 12:37)pindicator Wrote: First impression: looks like a great expansion for single-player games.

I mean.... If you have control over Golden/Dark ages, you could use those interestingly in MP. Emergencies could be useful to help team up against runaways in AI Diplo, but I don't have high hopes. Governors sound cool, and basically culture flipping returning is also really cool. It will all boil down to the implementation and how much agency you have over the different systems. Hard to tell at this point.

I'm also really curious about what the two new districts could possibly be....

Timeline is very silly SP stuff though, I'll give you that.

(November 28th, 2017, 13:03)BRickAstley Wrote: It will all boil down to the implementation and how much agency you have over the different systems. Hard to tell at this point.

I agree entirely. Governors look really great on the whole. I'm withholding judgement on great ages for now because of how much it will come down to how its put into the game. 

For the record, I really like the general design thrust of many of these additions. Whether through loyalty or enhanced alliances, the net effect is to give players more ways to interact beyond the relatively simple binary of war/not war. 

The timeline seems innocuous enough, Emergencies feel like trouble for MP though. I think it was just the general tone of the announcement - seemingly putting a heavy focus on the SP experience - that is the source of my current malaise. I like the direction of the new additions, but I'm concerned they will implement them in a way that doesn't account for MP.