As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[Mjmd #60] Why even buy toys for kids?

(June 12th, 2021, 22:27)Mjmd Wrote: Edit: also still think the starting settling decision was a feel bad decision, which is meh going into a game.

I'm not sure what you mean here?
Playing: PB74
Played: PB58 - PB59 - PB62 - PB66 - PB67
Dedlurked: PB56 (Amicalola) - PB72 (Greenline)
Maps: PB60 - PB61 - PB63 - PB68 - PB70 - PB73 - PB76

There are two kinds of people in the world: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data

(June 13th, 2021, 00:53)Tarkeel Wrote:
(June 12th, 2021, 22:27)Mjmd Wrote: Edit: also still think the starting settling decision was a feel bad decision, which is meh going into a game.

I'm not sure what you mean here?

Reread post #25.

Anyways, I'm moving on and doing stuffs!

T52 Back to leading food by a descent chunk. Means people whipped and will soon have new cities. 

Lesson for Thrawn. Either check your cities or set them to "emphasize food" in this case. Luckily I logged in and checked T50 again, because capital was working the plains mine after growing to size 3. It didn't want to grow into unhappiness! Set it to working cow, meaning my next city will be T59 instead of 60!

T55

I restarted my computer for this screenshot. The 2 pop empire!!!!

[Image: DSj4cBt.png]

Revealed small island between me and SD. Also took a look at the interior. There is a banana 1W of that mountain in the center.

I realized I've been failing Thrawn in instruction, so lets talk about whipping. When you whip you get 1 unhappy for 10 turns. In general you'll hear people talk about whip cycles where early in the game you try to whip every 10 turns to work maximum tiles possible while also getting most production possible (why food is such an important early game stat). When I started out I maybe followed this too much. Mig helped me whip a little bit more often early. For instance both the settle and galley were whipped off cycle (settler only by 1 turn, but galley was only like 4 turns from last whip). Actually one of the reasons I realized I was being silly finishing copper before this turn because it would have only been worked 1 turn, whereas now Rocks is growing 1 turn faster thanks to finishing farm instead and I worked a floodplain at water instead so it will regrow this turn perfectly.

Island city will actually be T58, I was doing bad math. 

I also met Lazteuq. Only missing Amica now to complete the 5 KTB bonus on pretty much everything.......  I should probably explain known tech bonus a little. Charriu / others let me know if this formula is off:
1 +  ((0.30 * # known Civs who have the tech) / # of Civs who started the game ). So if all 5 competitors know my beaker output is multiplied by 1.25. Its a nice little catch up mechanism.

Just wanted to say that your formula is correct.
Mods: RtR    CtH

Pitboss: PB39, PB40PB52, PB59 Useful Collections: Pickmethods, Mapmaking, Curious Civplayer

Buy me a coffee

T58

Your comment makes me think I didn't use the calculation correctly.

Anyways, founded Sand my future Maoi city.

[Image: YEXlKI6.png]

I may have done a lot of signs........ Been doing some thinking. Thoughts in no particular order:
- Creative / stonehenge continues to be big. For Thrawn reference you can move onto oceans with your culture, but not onto enemy ocean. That means the inland sea SD can place cities and jump the lines of ocean to attack me, but it will be hard for me to do vice versa (although I think with early Maoi I can hold that ocean line as I don't think he will settle that fast out there). Last turn I actually put 2 hammers into an axe before I discovered that line of ocean. Would have been a nice direct path without, but alas.
- Oh there is also some coast indicating an island outside of 'Trawn filler' but see later don't plan on destroying economy for small islands atm.
- Jowy is doing really good..... SD GNP is worse than mine.
- Really hope GKC and Rome fight it out. Will be a nice match. Good overall combo vs evidently an insane early GNP combo on this map. Then me and SD probably not even expanding to being in conflict because we broke.
- Met Amica and with tech on I'm 2nd in GNP. Also holding my 1st in food.
- Scout will go back for a screen. Moving galley up for now. 
- Probably won't keep my 1st in food. Cities are getting expensive...... I think I was spoiled being organized in PB59. Emperor costs are noticeable. However, I can't resist expanding. I think deer city to the north is my next. I think I want to avoid all the 2nd ring fish cities and settle 9 cities pre currency (which may be too many....). I think only two to the north (I could jam in 3). and then the gem city south along with HG spot 2nd ring pig. I think for now I'm just expanding whenever capital produces a settler (next out in 7 turns ish) and other cities can focus on other things.
- I'm thinking about going organized religion kind of early. Both planned southern cities NEED culture.
- Tech path is wheel > hunting (for deer but also because i forgot spears need) > finish Meditation (I wouldn't normally but I'm already part way in and prereq bonsuse for both priesthood and mono......)  > priesthood (Oracle had fallen by now in some games and I'm worried). I would like to go masonry then pottery, but shall see. After both is probably when I would go AH (finally) and then mono. Masonry would let me farm some failgold / build GLH although I think someone will race for it and suspect I won't even begin.
- Improving desert silver atm, should help with immediate tech goals as well as affording 1 more city......
- Chops at capital are for another worker I'm a little under atm. Even though mainly they will be roading.
- For those wondering the 6A, 9T is the number of worker turn saved being India. 6 actual. 9 they did something not immediate applicable, but still useful down the line (random turns into mines / chops ect). Not as an impressive number as in past games I don't think, but less forests.

(June 15th, 2021, 07:31)Mjmd Wrote: - Really hope GKC and Rome fight it out. Will be a nice match. Good overall combo vs evidently an insane early GNP combo on this map. Then me and SD probably not even expanding to being in conflict because we broke.
I'm assuming you mean Jowy and Rome fighting it out?  mischief GKC and Rome fighting would be interesting. 

Appreciate the reporting, nice-looking empire there.
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

I mean I hope that too...... but yes you are right.  I had a lot of thoughts as you can tell. And thank you. Its cobbled together and weirdest tech path I've ever done. 

I'm trying to do a better job reporting because Thrawn is ded lurking.

T60

@Thrawn I fear for you.

But here is a good piece of advice. Only show graphs and demo's when you are doing good! I should have done demo's last turn, so you all just get graphs this turn. I actually expect to be behind in production due to lack of AH. 

[Image: NcQb1f5.png]

SD is also up to 5 cities.

Edit: I really really rally want some free Hinduism spreads!!!

(June 16th, 2021, 03:12)Mjmd Wrote: Edit: I really really rally want some free Hinduism spreads!!!

You'll need a trade route from the Hindu holy city for that to happen though; I'm assuming that CREative Superdeath is not it.
Playing: PB74
Played: PB58 - PB59 - PB62 - PB66 - PB67
Dedlurked: PB56 (Amicalola) - PB72 (Greenline)
Maps: PB60 - PB61 - PB63 - PB68 - PB70 - PB73 - PB76

There are two kinds of people in the world: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data

(June 16th, 2021, 03:32)Tarkeel Wrote:
(June 16th, 2021, 03:12)Mjmd Wrote: Edit: I really really rally want some free Hinduism spreads!!!

You'll need a trade route from the Hindu holy city for that to happen though; I'm assuming that CREative Superdeath is not it.

To be more precise. Your city in question needs to be able to make a trade route with the Hindu holy city. It does not necessarily need to have a trade route showing in the trade route display inside the city.
Mods: RtR    CtH

Pitboss: PB39, PB40PB52, PB59 Useful Collections: Pickmethods, Mapmaking, Curious Civplayer

Buy me a coffee