As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

PB58 Tech Thread

Well, Christmas might be more likely now that I've messed up my back/ neck. I think my Christmas present to myself this year needs to be a better chair/desk setup. The current one is not very ergonomic
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

(December 16th, 2020, 10:18)pindicator Wrote: Well, Christmas might be more likely now that I've messed up my back/ neck.  I think my Christmas present to myself this year needs to be a better chair/desk setup. The current one is not very ergonomic

My recommendation: https://www.ikea.com/us/en/p/jaervfjaell...s19275626/

Or at the very least don't get a "gaming chair" they are garbo.

ive been using an old office swivel chair for the better part of 6 years now. I dont think ive had back/neck problems because of my chair, more from slipping on ice/uneven surfaces at work. Nothing a chiropractor every 8months or so doesnt fix.
"Superdeath seems to have acquired a rep for aggression somehow. [Image: noidea.gif] In this game that's going to help us because he's going to go to the negotiating table with twitchy eyes and slightly too wide a grin and terrify the neighbors into favorable border agreements, one-sided tech deals and staggered NAPs."
-Old Harry. PB48.

(December 16th, 2020, 10:18)pindicator Wrote: Well, Christmas might be more likely now that I've messed up my back/ neck.  I think my Christmas present to myself this year needs to be a better chair/desk setup. The current one is not very ergonomic

A good chair/desk setup is well worth the money, but taking our four-legged friend for a walk can also do wonders for back pain. My personal experience is that pain-killers are only good for a few days before they actually become the new source of pain, due to being too relaxed when sleeping. Your experience might vary of course.

You mentioned earlier that you might have start locations ready soon, I think we're getting ready to have something tangible to consider and get started on picks. We haven't really discussed pick methods either, so I'll just throw out a suggestion of randomized snake?
Playing: PB74
Played: PB58 - PB59 - PB62 - PB66 - PB67
Dedlurked: PB56 (Amicalola) - PB72 (Greenline)
Maps: PB60 - PB61 - PB63 - PB68 - PB70 - PB73 - PB76

There are two kinds of people in the world: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data

Snake pick was in the fixed settings.

Explains why I didn't think about it. Still suggest randomised order though.
Playing: PB74
Played: PB58 - PB59 - PB62 - PB66 - PB67
Dedlurked: PB56 (Amicalola) - PB72 (Greenline)
Maps: PB60 - PB61 - PB63 - PB68 - PB70 - PB73 - PB76

There are two kinds of people in the world: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data

I'd say the "normal" is randomized snake pick, as in the mapmaker also provides us with a random-order of the players. If pindi is willing to do that for us too smile

I'm not sure, but I think we also had not finally decided on espionage. So far we have (if I didn't miss anything):

(1) Spy unit, no missions - Ruff
(2) No spy unit, no missions - Tarkeel, SD, Serdoa

The voted on settings that have won could be updated in the first post so we know what is left to vote/tied/ect. smile
"Superdeath seems to have acquired a rep for aggression somehow. [Image: noidea.gif] In this game that's going to help us because he's going to go to the negotiating table with twitchy eyes and slightly too wide a grin and terrify the neighbors into favorable border agreements, one-sided tech deals and staggered NAPs."
-Old Harry. PB48.

(December 16th, 2020, 12:52)Jowy Wrote: Snake pick was in the fixed settings.

Make a thread so i can shitpost
"I know that Kilpatrick is a hell of a damned fool, but I want just that sort of man to command my cavalry on this expedition."
- William Tecumseh Sherman

Did update first post, decision on spies pending.