As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Civ 6 Release and Update Discussion Thread

(February 7th, 2018, 13:50)rho21 Wrote:
Firaxis Wrote:Rework start position algorithm to spread major powers evenly across the map first and then insert city-states in the margins.  Results in improved distances between Civilizations and better quality for major civ start positions.

First game with the new patch, Scythia spawned 8 tiles from my capital. On a large continents map. Back to the drawing board, Firaxis.

I don't think they're fixing an 8-tile spacing. They're fixing a 2-3 tile spacing.

Also, disable your mods people. They will be broken.
Civ 6 Adventure 1 Report
Now complete!

Reduce Science per population from 0.7 down to 0.5.

Hmm, not sure I like or get this one.

Great Admirals and Great Generals have a combat bonus and a movement bonus, they no longer stack.

Same.

Government Policies that increase production on Melee class units now include Anti-Cavalry class units.

Finally. Greece just became a whole lot more nasty.

Just run test game for 50 turns with new patch: population still do count 0.7 instead promised 0.5.

Regarding Greece, hoplite got boosted by having 50% extra production similar as melee and ranged units, but still not oligarchy bonus (still applies only to land melee units) in vanilla game.
In expansion there is a policy card named oligarchy legacy showed at live stream and it does apply to anti-cavalry units too.

"-Barbarian difficulty has been updated to scale with each difficulty level. (Warlord, Prince, King etc...)"

That wasn't the case before ? That explains a lot.

The minimum starting distance was just an integer edit in the previous start positions lua file. When I have a chance I can inspect the new file post a copy of it edited to something higher for anyone interested enough and not afraid the replace the file that.

(February 7th, 2018, 14:50)Cornflakes Wrote: The minimum starting distance was just an integer edit in the previous start positions lua file. When I have a chance I can inspect the new file post a copy of it edited to something higher for anyone interested enough and not afraid the replace the file that.

If that's the case I wonder if mods that only change that still work. Like Caps Lock.
Civ 6 Adventure 1 Report
Now complete!

Firaxis Wrote:UI shows turns until Friendship lapses.

Don't understand why over a year after release the game still doesn't have a way to see active deals and diplo agreements. But hey, that's something....

Quote:Fixed map pin corruption when deleting and adding map pins.

dancing jive dance

I didn't see a single thing on the change log that jumped out at me as a negative change. This patch makes me slightly more optimistic about the expansion.

Ok, upon skimming the list again perhaps that ranged units are now less effective against naval units. Since naval attacks on the coast are already so strong it will now be more difficult to defend the coasts ... especially since bombard class units can't re-position and attack on the same turn.

Just as I go on holiday as well. Really good to not see a mention of trade route changes. Patch looks good, even if defense versus offense needs further calibration.
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

I loaded an older save just now and science rate is still at 0.7 per citizen. Maybe that will only be active for new games?