As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Don't mention the war

T16

Mining and pop growth at the end of turn. There are jungle bananas in the west.

TMIT has also size 3 capital.

[Image: civ4screenshot1473.jpg]

T17

Change of plans. BW before Pottery. It gives us more options e.g. we could try to build the Stonehenge.

[Image: civ4screenshot1476.jpg]

At the moment the grass hill 1E of the corn is looking like a nice 2nd city but it would need a border pop to claim the horsies. I hate settling on floodplains but has the floodplain 1NE of the corn been any other tile, that would be a pretty good site claiming both corn and horse in the first ring. It would become a decent production city over time as well since it has plenty of hills, the horse, and lots of river tiles.

Grass hill is definately a good alternative. It could also share pigs that is big bonus to get 2nd city up and running fast. Nevertheless my main candidate is still to settle to claim gems and horses, but I pretty much need some food resource close by to do it.

plako Wrote:Grass hill is definately a good alternative. It could also share pigs that is big bonus to get 2nd city up and running fast. Nevertheless my main candidate is still to settle to claim gems and horses, but I pretty much need some food resource close by to do it.

If nothing better turns up then in between the horses and gems could work. It can steel the fish.

Yeah I agree with that, if there isn't any other food nearby I'd settle there and share the fish.

No hill to settle between Gems and Horses though - hopefully that's not in the direction of Agg Rome lol

T18

I agree with you. So far the most potential spots were the hill in the west and settling 1E from Horses.

However I've new scouting info from the current turn. There is lots of food resources in the north. Settling on hill or as defensively as possible would be good, but 1N from horses a very tempting city spot. I need to think about this. If we want a run for Stonehenge, I think we need an improved food resource in the BFC (either pigs or fish) that would enable 2 pop whip of Dog soldier fast enough to generateoverflow that would be supplemented with 2-3 chops. On the other hand areas north from horses would give very good city spot.

Also I wish this isn't yet another map without stone or marble.

[Image: civ4screenshot0645.jpg]

T19

Warrior ready and settler next. We'll be late to settle our 2nd city, but at Emperor level I think it is alright. Currently I think I'll settle 1N from horses.

OleMack has had capital at size 1 for a long time. I wonder how many settlers/workers they've been generating.

[Image: civ4screenshot1477.jpg]

[Image: civ4screenshot1478.jpg]

Profane Wrote:No hill to settle between Gems and Horses though - hopefully that's not in the direction of Agg Rome lol

If they are that way then I would suggest sending those ponies at them! lol

1N of the horse or 1NE? It depends if you want the plains cow or the gems in your 1st ring. Gems will add +1 smile to the capital whereas cow won't - although the yield 3f3h is a nice tile for putting out workers etc...