As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

RB Civ 5 SG 4 - Ryder Cup American Team

Annex both Mahan and Gao and buy two courthouses maybe? We're still making decent gpt.

Will play tomorrow.

Annex at least Mahan and turn off the GMerchant points.

Will probably retain the rest of the gold for infantry upgrades.

Does the courthouse-happy but still exist?

What do we want to do with enemy city states in the way? Kill at least one so we have land (and railroad) access to the remainder of the pangaea?
Blog | EitB | PF2 | PBEM 37 | PBEM 45G | RBDG1

Sareln Wrote:Does the courthouse-happy but still exist?
Yes, I was just reading about that on Civfanatics. An annexed city with a courthouse doesn't count towards either per-city unhappy or occupied-city unhappy. So it's even better than a native city in terms of happiness, aside from the courthouse's maintenance cost. So yeah, buy those courthouses.

Quote:What do we want to do with enemy city states in the way? Kill at least one so we have land (and railroad) access to the remainder of the pangaea?
The trouble will be that we already conquered Dublin too, so all the rest of the CS will get mad at us and possibly declare or stay at war. Not anything we can't handle, just a small headache.

Who are they allied with - can we make peace with any and buy them for ourselves instead?

Will play shortly/soon. Am still alive.

Am packing up the next version of EitB jive

Need to swap spots w/ the next person. Can't play CIV5 while also d/l all the DLC and I'm on a cruddy connection and a small time-window. lol

Well, let's see. I honestly don't remember what on earth we were doing.

Annexed Gao and Mahan and bought courthouses. I'm tempted to raze Beshbalik, its only purpose is to prevent anyone from resettling that spot. I make peace with Bucharest and Geneva.

Washington offers peace for six cities but I need to take his capital first so I decline. Kim produces a GS...I think that's for bulbing RP? I have no idea anymore.

Lose a rifle to Washington (the city). I annex Karakorum and buy another courthouse.

Uh oh, Cink is being attacked by a cannon and a rifleman and is losing. crazyeye Should have left an artillery here. The building artillery is almost done and will hopefully be done in time. lol Actually it'll be fine, because those are Washington's units and he will soon no longer be a problem...

I capture Washington (with the lancer again :neenernee) which comes with the Colossus and an assortment of buildings. Then I ask for peace:

[Image: peace244.jpg]

This sends us into 40 unhappiness. Cologne has sugar so I keep it. I choose to keep Chicago for now because it's a decent city in a decent location. LA and Portland start burning. I annex Philly and buy a courthouse. I make peace with Stockholm.

I believe the best path to attack for Arabia is through what I dub the Caspian Sea, south from Washington and Chicago. Washington's remnant boats will be annoying but should be manageable.

[Image: logistics244.jpg]

Everyone in the world declares war on Washington. Or something. I have no idea but the list of declarations is over two pages, with a lot of city states but also including players.

[Image: crazy248.jpg]

Okay, that's about it. I annexed Cologne and bought another courthouse. We might want to consider razing Boston and/or Beshbalik. LA is almost gone but we're still at -17.

[Image: overview250a.jpg]

Units starting to arrive near Arabia. There are two barbarian cavalry that spawned from unhappiness but they don't seem to be attacking us, so whatever.

[Image: overview250b.jpg]

I sent two frigates to find Hawaii. lol

The save.

Good progress. Yes, the scientist is for Replaceable Parts. (It's not that hard to look back up the thread to remember. wink ) Some infantry upgrades should speed up the endgame here.

Wow, those AIs really do just keel over for peace once the capital is conquered. I guess that's not a balance problem though, if you can conquer the capital you could keep going all the way anyway. Beshbalik and Boston can be razed, yes, we don't need to move troops through there any more.

Quote:I believe the best path to attack for Arabia is through what I dub the Caspian Sea, south from Washington and Chicago.

Arabia is south, I figure you mean Germany and India across the little sea. Should attack Germany first, then that army goes on to India at the same time as newly built units attack Arabia. And then we're done, and then we can see how badly the Euros beat us.

I'm traveling away from my Civ computer and my next chance will be Wednesday or Thursday night. Sareln, if you want, go ahead and take a turnset anytime before then.

No, I meant Arabia. I was actually sending units south through that big lake. I figure it'd be best to take out Arabia before we declare on someone who isn't at war with us currently.

No word from Sareln. So consider this a got-it for me. I should be able to play late tonight, after the Devils game.

T-hawk Wrote:No word from Sareln. So consider this a got-it for me. I should be able to play late tonight, after the Devils game.

Yeah, I've been rather busy of late. I'll play after T-Hawk if that's okay Gaspar?