As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

RB Civ 5 SG 4 - Ryder Cup American Team

Fine by me.

Man, I can't believe Martin Brodeur is still playing.

Neither can I, if Brodeur is going to get juked that badly on a breakaway in overtime. frown

Anyway, overtime hockey means not enough time and energy left to play tonight. I'll get it tomorrow unless Sareln still wants to jump in.

I did look at the save. Yeah, Beshbalik and Boston should burn, there's nothing there we need. Chicago and Cologne need to be kept for territorial access westwards, including places to upgrade rifles to infantry. Probably a good idea to annex Washington and Chicago to buy courthouses. (And sell Washington's Seaport and Lighthouse, it's got zero sea resources to work!)

Whyever is Philadelphia building a Castle? smoke

Our military got really lopsided: 12 artillery and only 2 riflemen that can actually capture cities. I see we have a bunch of rifles in production, although we'll have to get off the -10 unhappy schneid in order to actually complete some of them for upgrading.

I still think we can attack Germany and Arabia at the same time. 12 artillery means committing 6 to each front which is already more than can usefully line up to fire together. I think it's easiest to conquer Cape Town on the way to Arabia so that will be my first project.

We'll get a policy on the next turnset. I'd like to drill through and complete Honor. The Order happy is also tempting, but the next Honor policy is also happy (for garrisons).

Definitely need to annex Washington. I didn't do it before because you can't buy a courthouse while it's in revolt. Philly is building a castle because that's what it was building while it was puppeted, and I forgot to change I guess. smoke

Alright, here we go. As discussed, I set Beshbalik and Boston both to razing on the inherited turn. Make peace with Monaco and Florence.

Spawned a Great General, went for a Golden Age for 9 turns.

We got Steam Power and bulbed Rep Parts. All the riflemen under construction turned the build orders into infantry. I didn't think Civ 5 did that. The timing is a bit screwy, it didn't happen until a turn or two after the tech was discovered. This actually wasn't helpful, I would have rather built the cheap riflemen and used our copious cash to upgrade to infantry.

I decided the easiest route to Germany was to conquer Hanoi, on the west shore of the inland sea. That pleased both Kathmandu and Bucharest so we got some extra CS culture. I also decided the easiest route to Arabia was to conquer Cape Town. That pleased Belgrade.

We declared war on Germany. We captured and razed one outlying city (Essen), just because there were extra units that couldn't reach Berlin through the hills.

German front:

[Image: 1750ad-germany.jpg]

We'll capture Berlin next turn with the Lancer. Hamburg will become the German capital. See if Bismarck will cede Munich and Vijayanagara for peace. If he will, take them, skip Hamburg, and walk around through Munich to get to India. There are workers building roads to speed that up. Probably take about 15 turns to reach Delhi and capture it.

Arabian front:

[Image: 1750ad-arabia.jpg]

I spent the last few turns chewing through a slew of Arabian units. Capture Fustat first. Skip Khurasan and stay out of its firing radius. The X tiles mark the firing line on Mecca, stay out of that city's firing radius too. Yes, that is 81 defense strength on Mecca so the siege will take a while. Visibility on Mecca may be a problem, you may need to build or buy another Sentry Lancer.

All the cities are building units. Some are on cavalry since they're cheaper and infantry won't finish before the game ends. Feel free to spend cash on more units wherever it will speed up something.

I hired merchants at Hunter Mahan to cash out its merchant GPP. Probably just want to do a Golden Age.

I won't see another turnset in this game. hammer

Save at 1750 AD, turn 260.

5 turns played so far. Bismark was stubborn but eventually gave us what we wanted. Slow going everywhere and I made a happiness mistake but hopefully I can fix that quickly.
Blog | EitB | PF2 | PBEM 37 | PBEM 45G | RBDG1

Sareln Wrote:5 turns played so far. Bismark was stubborn but eventually gave us what we wanted. Slow going everywhere and I made a happiness mistake but hopefully I can fix that quickly.

Only fair if you leave me a happiness mess to cleanup this time. smile

Sareln Wrote:5 turns played so far. Bismark was stubborn but eventually gave us what we wanted. Slow going everywhere and I made a happiness mistake but hopefully I can fix that quickly.

Turns played. We're in firing position about the Arabian Capital, but it's going to be tough to hold there. I think though we can just accept the losses to the artillery, since 5 arty managed to get the city down to half-health in one-round of barrages.

[Image: T270_Arabian_Front.jpg]

We're ready for the push on the indian front as well.

[Image: T270_Indian_Front.jpg]

Tech wise we collected RR and started on Combustion. Social Policy wise we took the happy/culture from garrisons one. Most of our builds are lancers b/c they can hold double-duty as spotters for the artillery and garrisons for cities when we run into happy issues.

Man this thing turns into a gridlock sometimes, esp. since I think Arabia has that stupid wonder that slows everything down in their borders as well.

[SIZE="5"]The Save[/SIZE]

Fine work. Oh I meant to post that we could take Order with the policy, since it's clear the game will end before we finish Honor. Doesn't matter at all though. hammer

Yes, Arabia has the Great Wall to retard movement. It is really obvious because you can just see the wall on the map. wink Capturing Mecca actually might be tricky since any Lancer has to first stop within the city's shooting range.

Last turnset. Do it justice, Gaspar, so we can finally go read the Euro thread and see how badly they beat us.

T-hawk Wrote:Fine work. Oh I meant to post that we could take Order with the policy, since it's clear the game will end before we finish Honor. Doesn't matter at all though. hammer

Yes, Arabia has the Great Wall to retard movement. It is really obvious because you can just see the wall on the map. wink Capturing Mecca actually might be tricky since any Lancer has to first stop within the city's shooting range.

Last turnset. Do it justice, Gaspar, so we can finally go read the Euro thread and see how badly they beat us.

Like Gaspar, I'm stuck in strategic view at this point in the game... so no I can't... lol