As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Gaspar and NobleHelium - More Arguments About Buildings & Food.

Hmmm, I see some possibilities for those lurker posts.

1) They're talking about how unreasonable Commodore's attack is.
2) They're talking about how we shouldn't complain about having our farmer's gambit being called.
3) They're talking about how the Oracle was actually built by davy. (which is possible, and I might know if I were actually good at C&D)
4) They're talking about how yuris built the Oracle yet again.

In regards to #2, Commodore's power is barely above ours. The axeman and the spearman are his only non-warrior units. He's not going to do anything other than piss us off and slow us down slightly.

Biggest news of the turn:

[Image: t46a.jpg]

Which is good news. We're in no position to have anything but a brutal slugfest right now. Need to be econ focused if we hope to matter down the road. The Mad King retreated his units.

[Image: t46b.jpg]

Other than that, just doin our thang. Next 5-10t will have a lot to say with how our game turns out.

[Image: t46c.jpg]

Why can't Commodore go bother the player with 30k soldier points? I hate Commodore.
I've got some dirt on my shoulder, can you brush it off for me?

Not a lot to say here. Completed a pair of workers @EOT and we'll reveal a little bit of new territory next turn. Turned tech back on. Here's the overview shot:

[Image: t47a.jpg]

No news in the world - no wonders, no contacts, no religions.

And demos:

[Image: t47b.jpg]

As I mentioned earlier on chat, tech up to cats and take the city from there. But honestly there is still a lot of available and necessary land to settle before we dig in and crush him.

So yeah, I'm on board with the current peace out. Grudging for the win returns.
“The wind went mute and the trees in the forest stood still. It was time for the last tale.”

Grudging for the win, indeed.

In world news - nothing. I don't think I've ever been on T48 on one contact, but here we are. No more wonders fell, no religions fell, nothing. What the hell is everyone up to? This game is very slow in all ways. I blame plako, because come to think of it the two slowest games I've played before this were 14 and 26, where he also contributed to the map. Also because it annoys Nobbie McNobleson. wink

Revealed our first bit of new territory in a bit, a pretty reasonable Moai option:

[Image: t48a.jpg]

Also hooked stone and ivory this turn, resulting in a much more reasonable time frame for The Pyramids:

[Image: t48b.jpg]

(Just grew onto that forest.) We might be able to speed that up a turn or two with a forest chop or two. wink

Here's the current worker list, for those of you scoring at home:

[Image: t48c.jpg]

And the demographics situation:

[Image: t48d.jpg]

I've decided Dave is slow building mids at a low city count. So even if he wins, he loses. If we get beat before the turn of, our general investment is relatively low since most of our production is coming from chops. And we're ahead in turn order.

Micro for turn 49.

Vortex goes 23 and finishes the road. Fast finishes the grass mine chop. Reflect Damage moves east onto the Cow and roads. Plagued finishes that road.
Workers in the south all move onto the Pig and pasture it.

Old Ruins works the new grass mine. Royal Crypts starts an Axeman. No other changes.

Commodore settled his 5th city, taking the Fish Noble spent most of yesterday dreaming on. Wonder why he's not settling towards Dave at all? Wonder also why he keeps his EP on us instead of Dave? Wonder why he's such a giant douche? All will probably never be revealed.

[Image: t49a.jpg]

With nothing else interesting to show, here's a look at Royal Crypts which is in pretty good shape considering its our youngest city:

[Image: t49b.jpg]

Still haven't met anyone else, no wonders/religions, yadda yadda. I'll wait until after the Pyramids question is resolved to post a state of the game, and I'll try and throw a dotmap up later today. I understand our thread has been unnaturally boring so far. Sorry bout that!

[Image: t49c.jpg]

Wasn't it so nice to have a thoughtful neighbor who always tried to settle the equivalent spot towards their other neighbor first? That must have been so lovely.

Yeah, where can I find a friendly neighbor like this?

[Image: t68a.jpg]

wink

You think we should have settled a city without any resources first?