As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Gaspar and NobleHelium - More Arguments About Buildings & Food.

You've been posting demos? :neenernee

How quick do you think yuri will be to settle the clams? I'm wondering if that changes your city settling priority
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

pindicator Wrote:You've been posting demos? :neenernee

How quick do you think yuri will be to settle the clams? I'm wondering if that changes your city settling priority

I only post demos every turn because Noble likes them. Obviously we aren't doing any C&D.

I think Yuri could definitely settle the clams if he wanted them. We could have that city settled in like 3t if we were willing to settle it with no roads and no military and no missionary. We'll not settle it that slowly but its definitely the next plant after Sugar and we already have the settler.
I've got some dirt on my shoulder, can you brush it off for me?

Played turn 67.

yuris accepted OB and moved his Chariot back north (probably to defog enough to activate trade routes for him at least, which is smart - he isn't getting any benefit from OB with Ichabod either right now). This probably means we can settle the coastal blocker city sooner, so we moved the Settler closer this turn.

[Image: overview67.jpg]

We'll settle the Sugar next turn and then the Clam the turn after that, most likely.

[Image: demos67.jpg]

We're researching Calendar with some Wealth builds, unlocking the Sugar and the Silk at the capital.

Nicolae posted in the lurker thread. Must have been fascinated by your turn report, Noble. I know I wa....zzzz.

So few interesting things this turn. First, let's start with foreign news:

[Image: t68a.jpg]

I don't know that is where the fireworks are, but I do know it is one potential flashpoint. One would assume Ichabod was preparing an assault on Dave since his power is like at least 33% better than anyone else and that Dave found an opportunity to hit his stack before he attacked. Hard to say specifically though. I'd much rather those two were fighting Commodore and Yuri, respectively.

Speaking of Commodore, foreign interest item #2:

[Image: t68b.jpg]

What precisely is Commodore's plan here? He avoided roading the marble. One would assume he plans to settle it? Is there food in the fog? Is Commodore on strong medication? What is he up to? Besides kicking all of our asses, I mean.

In domestic matters, we founded [strike]Ground Zero[/strike] Caldeum this turn.

[Image: t68c.jpg]

Think there might be some blood shed in this area before all is said and done? wink To add to the intrigue, Yuri has a Worker/Settler pair SW of Samsun.

Beyond that, research plugged away towards Calendar, fueled as always by some wealth builds. We hit a few whips, mundane stuff really. We've been aided by some kind spreads of Judaism, everything but the first two cities and Caldeum settled this turn has gotten a free spread of the religion. So there's that.

We got Yuri's graphs this turn, so I'll attach those after the demos because I love you all so. As you look at them, I'd say we're a clear 2nd in the demos. The bad news? Commodore is the clear leader.

[Image: t68d.jpg]

I include Culture in the graphs so you can see the pain Yuri and Dave are really in atm.

[Image: t68e.jpg]
[Image: t68f.jpg]
[Image: t68g.jpg]
[Image: t68h.jpg]
[Image: t68i.jpg]
[Image: t68j.jpg]

So, we played turn 69.

World news:

[Image: events69.jpg]

davy signed peace with Mistabod. No idea what really happened there but no cities were gained or lost. The Prophet should be yuris, he'll probably build the Buddhist shrine.

[Image: overview69.jpg]

We founded Khasim Outpost. yuris covered his civilians with two Chariots so I hope that means he's planning to settle towards the west. There's wet Rice and some nice riverside grassland there that he could take. Samsun still isn't connected to the rest of his empire though (it's actually founded on Iron because we see 2h in his city tile). We also started the usual process of dumping overflow into Moai Statues this turn. Also note Commodore working two 1/3 coast tiles. wink

[Image: demos69.jpg]

Our founding of KO actually gives yuris his first foreign trade route, so our Exports - Imports value dropped by 2.

Not a lot to say really. We did some micro to get Calendar in @EOT as a couple cities could use the extra happy sooner rather than later. Several workers in the neighborhood to hook up the silk pronto.

[Image: t70d.jpg].

In the south, Yuri is moving to connect Samsun.

[Image: t70a.jpg]

We also got (fake) trade routes with Dave. They're almost certainly one way through Commodore, but they do let us know his resource situation:

[Image: t70c.jpg]

Commodore revolted HR/OR, his second revolt of the last few turns (Confucianism was the first.) Solves the slight mystery of his stratopheric GNP a couple turns ago - Monarchy at double pre-req.

At the moment, we're doing a better job of claiming resources than our opponents, I think. Next up, a few turns of saving gold while we debate between Priesthood > Monarchy and Code of Laws. Here's the demos, GNP suppressed a bit by finishing a tech @50%.

[Image: t70e.jpg]

So Calendar came in, we're the first there so only Dave and Us can see a centered mini-map. Yeah! Screw you FIN guys, in yo' face! jive

wink

More importantly, we got to work improving the silk at the cap, it will complete next turn:

[Image: t71b.jpg]

EXTREME WORKER CLOSEUP FOR THE WIN!

Down south, there are two HF either side of Caldeum that need to go ASAP, so we have the worker brigade mine-chopping the one west of the city while we wait for borders to pop to claim sugar.

[Image: t71c.jpg]

Beyond that, not much else. We debated for a good bit on tech path, torn between the brass ring grab of Aesthetics > Literature, the Monk Econ startup of Theology and the safer play of Priesthood > Monarchy. Ultimately, since our GNP is garbage without wealth builds and we want to get a few buildings/units done, we decided on the cheapest path of Priesthood > Monarchy. We're saving gold for a few turns while we complete a Library in the awesome city of Leoric's Manor. No, seriously, its awesome - take a look:

[Image: t71d.jpg]

In foreign news:

[Image: t71e.jpg]

That's Yuri. Commodore settled a new city this turn, nowhere visible to us. Dave is still on 6 cities, Yuri is on 7, Commodore 8 and Ichabod and Us on 9. That's about it.

[Image: t71f.jpg]

Guess what guys. Not only have I destroyed Gaspar's ability to write entertaining turn reports, he's also voluntarily verifying that he did stuff correctly without me hounding him about it first.

We started out advertising a comedy duo (my influence) and have ended up a soulless pair of automatons (noble's influence.)

Its a sad day.