As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Gaspar and NobleHelium - More Arguments About Buildings & Food.

Well done! thumbsup

Maybe I should read the banter thread some
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

Congratulations! With yuri burning, I'm switching favourites and rooting for you guys.

Catwalk Wrote:Congratulations! With yuri burning, I'm switching favourites and rooting for you guys.

Like a rat jumping ship!
“The wind went mute and the trees in the forest stood still. It was time for the last tale.”

So you got the second best wonder in the game, congrats.Now just put it to a very good use.

Can we call you Momskoti now?

mackoti Wrote:So you got the second best wonder in the game, congrats.Now just put it to a very good use.

And I thought you were laughing at us in the lurker thread for whipping our capital. wink

Quote:And I thought you were laughing at us in the lurker thread for whipping our capital.
July 9th, 2012 13:28

It's worth almost anithing to get this wonderfull wonder.I think i builded more than Mids.

Double turn report action tonight, as I didn't get around to reporting T77 yesterday. No promises that this report is precisely accurate.

[Image: t77a.jpg]

Yes, I turned wonder movies on for the first time in forever just to take that shot. wink

Commodore, on the other hand, considerably less amused by our wonder-building shenanigans. lol

[Image: t77b.jpg]

Speaking of incomprehensible actions by our opponents:

[Image: t77c.jpg]

This was our last turn of saving gold as we prepared to have the newly birthed Merit Ptah found an Academy in the capital. Pay off won't be quite as immediate as originally hoped before we had to 4-whip the capital, but still a boon.

[Image: t77d.jpg]

All in all, things are looking up.

[Image: t77e.jpg]
I've got some dirt on my shoulder, can you brush it off for me?

So we've been considering an AP run for some time. We had largely decided to take advantage of our lengthy gold-saving period and burn through Theology next to take that run. It has the added advantage of denying religion to Dave - we don't have to worry about him GE rushing AP if he doesn't have a religion with which to build it - nabbing Christianity consigns him to either researching Philo (not something he could get done in a reasonable amount of time without bulbs) or adopting someone else's that he got off free spreads, and I don't think he's going to want to give the AP bonus to someone else's religion. So we had a lengthy, and I mean lengthy debate about how we could get Theology researched fastest. I won't bore anyone with the details, mostly because Noble is the boring man alive. Let me share, in fact. We decided to use the "Avoid Growth" trick advocated by novice and SevenSpirits in Khasim Outpost. I'd share the details but nobody cares about this sort of thing except novice, SevenSpirits and NobleHelium. Anyway, as you all know, Nobbiekins doesn't trust me with any micro whatsoever, so he asked me to leave a "really big sign" at KO to remind us to turn off avoid growth. After noting the impossibility of increasing the size of a sign, I produced this:

[Image: t78a.jpg]

Cue this bit of conversation:

Quote:NobleHelium: let's turn off avoid growth :P
ok so
did your previous calculations account for the new city
and its trade routes + city tile
i'm really tempted to rename one of those units next to yuris "commodore is a jackass" btw
Gaspar: lol
no I didn't factor the TRs in
or the city tile
so subtract 3 beakers from the needed total I guess
wait.
did we have avoid growth on somewhere? I don't recall.
NobleHelium: i assume that is a joke
Gaspar: you are the most humorless man alive :P
NobleHelium: that has been thoroughly established
Gaspar: (I actually turned it off first thing)
NobleHelium: i am homo sapiens vulcanus

Anyway, onto the turn. As discussed we founded an Academy in our capital, the last GP who probably doesn't go for a bulb or a GA unless we manage a prophet relatively soon. It increased BPT but not hugely, since as stated, we're still regrowing the capital.

[Image: t78b.jpg]

Once we take the town/village back from Old Ruins, that will be a bigger boost. Regardless, we're making a pretty reasonable chunk of change at max science right now. Not quite Commodore's insane GNP, but not bad nonetheless.

Speaking of Commodore, it looks like he's ready to settle a city near the ruins of Diyarbakir, which incidentally he pillaged last turn. Discovery of that Banana tile makes it obvious why Yuri found the site tempting and why Commodore is probably preparing to make the area his own. Noble doesn't think Commodore will settle for both Rice and Banana because it would be pretty much indefensible. I know Commodore and virtually guarantee he's going to settle either W or NW of the Rice. Most likely NW, but that I'm less sure about. Either way, if he settles it he'll be 1. Pissing off Dave and 2. Unnecessarily extending his fronts with us.

[Image: t78c.jpg]

We also got our settler in place to settle the new Wines city - Alcarnus next turn. We have a missionary already ready to hopefully not found Christianity there when we do tech Theology.

[Image: t78d.jpg]

Here's the demographics - note just how blind Ichabod whipped himself last turn. Good man - he's really playing quite well.

[Image: t78e.jpg]
I've got some dirt on my shoulder, can you brush it off for me?

Good show. Congratulations on the Mausoleum. Now you have another toy to play in your sandbox.

[Image: Mausoleum.jpg]

Gaspar Wrote:I'd share the details but nobody cares about this sort of thing except novice, SevenSpirits and NobleHelium.

Well, I care... but it's tecnically true I'm nobody. smile