As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Gaspar and NobleHelium - More Arguments About Buildings & Food.

Partisan Wrote:Well, I care... but it's tecnically true I'm nobody. smile

I can't possibly explain it without screwing it up even if I do understand it, so let me leave it to the experts:

A Micro Study
I've got some dirt on my shoulder, can you brush it off for me?

Ahh, I remember now. That was an awesome game to lurk. A pity about the final train wreck.

Thanks for the link. Cheers.

Gaspar Wrote:I can't possibly explain it without screwing it up even if I do understand it, so let me leave it to the experts:

A Micro Study

I consider that trick to be sorcery of the worst sort and I refuse to even try, halfway out of principle and halfway out of sheer terror.

It's a cool trick, though I do think it's potentially a bit exploitative. Though as everyone can do it...
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

scooter Wrote:I consider that trick to be sorcery of the worst sort and I refuse to even try, halfway out of principle and halfway out of sheer terror.

I tried it once. Didn't leave a big enough sign banghead

Yeah. So gonna whip through this turn because it was pretty boring.

I didn't grab a shot of it before I moved units, but Commodore moved his Chariot out of the area and his axe moved to cover the workers at Banana - I think the settlement is going to be NW of Rice almost for sure.

[Image: t79a.jpg]

That's almost certainly Dave though it could be Yuri or even Commodore I guess. No cities changed hands, looks like Mistabod has stalled out a bit. Two pieces of news for us this turn, both already reported. We founded the new city of Alcarnus:

[Image: t79b.jpg]

Not going to lie - always feel super-pro when I post a city screen the turn the city is founded with a completed granary, an improved food tile and religion. lol

Speaking of religion...

[Image: t79c.jpg]

Just need to found Taoism and Islam there for Hydra, np. wink We actually would have preferred Leoric's Manor but this is okay too.

[Image: t79d.jpg]

So...where do you get the GPs from then?
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

Krill Wrote:So...where do you get the GPs from then?

We're not going to found the Christian shrine - we might not even found the Jewish one, though if we get a GPro soonish enough we will. Banging out Theology here was really about three things:

1. Deny religion to Dave
  2. Take a shot at AP
  3. Theocracy is good for us when we expect Commodore to do something stupid at any time.

Grand scheme of things - not a huge deal. We probably go Construction next so we can build something with a longer shelf life than Axes/Spears and then go grab HR and Bureau.

We missed a report for turn 80 because by the time we finished the turn I was asleep and Noble was nearly. The main international news of that turn was thus:

[Image: t80a.jpg]

Mistabod landed two GPs - The Music Artist and a GSci. Then on this turn:

[Image: t81a.jpg]

They built the GLH. Everything is coming up roses for them. Really need Dave to decide to do something about it - we're just too far away.

Also last turn, Commodore settled where I suspected - do I get a cupie doll?

[Image: t81b.jpg]

Dave's planted a couple of cities the last couple turns. So, time marches on.

For us, not a lot going on really. The northern cities are working on markets and such, the southern cities are working on military if they already have their essential infrastructure. If you're curious why...

[Image: t81c.jpg]

Commodore's been spamming units pretty hard. We've decided to tech construction because its the cheapest military useful tech we can grab, allowing us to build up cats in case of an invasion. We'll complete it next turn and then save gold a bit before going something akin to a Monarchy > CoL > Feudalism > Archery > Civil Service path, which has both military and economic benefits. We'd like to fire a GA relatively soon to grease those skids. As stated, we're taking a stab at the AP. I don't realistically think we can lose it but it won't be the end of the world if we do. Assuming we do land it, probably throw Meditation in there somewhere as well.

The biggest news of the turn was more luck at the luckiest city in the empire, the double Holy City of Cathedral:

[Image: t81d.jpg]

Since we got copper near the capital last game, I suppose "Popped another one" is appropriate. On the downside, it popped on literally the worst possible tile in the entire empire, right on Commodore's border. But hell, even one turn 6 free commerce is worth it, not to mention the happy.

[Image: t81e.jpg]

The demos tell a fairly accurate tale - we're somewhere in a tie for 2nd place, mostly. In with a shout, but this is definitely Mistabod's game to lose.

Quick report here as I have to work shortly...

[Image: t82a.jpg]

Commodore builds Colossus, Dave adopts CS, Christian Mish fails at LM. cry

We got a little bit more of a view of Ottoman lands - Yuri has a case to feel hard pressed by all the jungle, though we're swimming in desert. I'm sure Ichabod and Dave were similarly penalized with Tundra and their own desert.

[Image: t82b.jpg]

Though he hasn't helped himself with city placements like Samsun.

We finished Construction this turn @90% because Noble hates overflow and ran a few Wealth builds to preserve overflow to do Cats next turn. We should be able to bang out at least 3 and maybe as many as 5 cats before the treaty with Commodore is up, which should be enough to defend against any silliness he engages in. Here's a look at the main contested area:

[Image: t82c.jpg]

Whipped a settler in HC for the Corn city - probably one good whip away from finishing Moai:

[Image: t82d.jpg]

Demos:

[Image: t82e.jpg]

We got Ichabod's graphs, completing the full set. Here's a look now that we have the full set:

[Image: t82f.jpg]
[Image: t82g.jpg]
[Image: t82h.jpg]
[Image: t82i.jpg]
[Image: t82j.jpg]
[Image: t82k.jpg]

Upshot - largely a three-horse race at this point but we're running with lead weights.