As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Gaspar and NobleHelium - More Arguments About Buildings & Food.

For what its worth - anything we haven't been showing that the lurkers are interested in? I have to say that at this point I sort of feel like we need Ichabod to screw up AND Commodore to screw up to win. If you only play the FIN guys even, they win and to this point that's sort of where we are, we've played about as well as Commodore and Ichabod.

I mean I sort of think we need to land Taj Mahal to have a shot without one of them screwing up significantly but I don't see a way we can get there before Ichabod and build it without Marble - we're a long way from Nationalism. Any thoughts/ideas from the dedlurkers would be welcome.
I've got some dirt on my shoulder, can you brush it off for me?

Gaspar Wrote:We finished Construction this turn @90% because Noble hates overflow

Is this because of the weird effects known tech and prereq bonuses screw with things or what? I thought I've heard you generally want overflow if the bonuses are relatively high and it's good to avoid it if they're low, but I wasn't even sure if that was true.

The value of overflow is the same regardless of the amount of bonuses on the current tech. Previously it was thought that the overflow beakers would be calculated based upon the current tech's bonuses rather than the next one's, but this is not the case.

Anyhow, overflow should generally be avoided if you are not immediately actively researching your next tech (which we probably are not). It's the same reason as running binary research to begin with - in the time that you are saving gold, someone else may complete your target tech and give you a bigger bonus. Overflow beakers must be used immediately, so you wouldn't get the additional bonus on those beakers when you turn tech on in subsequent turns. The other case for not reducing overflow is to avoid beaker loss to truncation, which isn't relevant for us now because we have plenty of science multipliers that perturb the decimal value anyway. And even if we were to research Monarchy full bore next turn, reducing overflow this turn still does not hurt us - we won't have enough gold to run 100% science anyway, so whatever gold we save this turn can be burned next turn with no loss of liquidity. If we were to have so much gold next turn that we wouldn't be able to burn it all, then burning some of it this turn to generate overflow would increase the speed with which we get the next tech, and thus be useful.

Gaspar Wrote:Any thoughts/ideas from the dedlurkers would be welcome.
More important than anything else is the need to know where iron is. Cho-Ko-Nu + cat is enough to take land from Commodore if done early enough. Get Drama and set up Globe Theatre asap and build cats until you can whip out mass Cho-Ko-Nus + spears (if he has horses). The late game favors him so you should get rid of him before that is a problem.
Global lurker smile ; played in Civ VI PBEM 4, 5, 15; DL suboptimal Civ VI PBEM 17

CFCJesterFool Wrote:More important than anything else is the need to know where iron is. Cho-Ko-Nu + cat is enough to take land from Commodore if done early enough. Get Drama and set up Globe Theatre asap and build cats until you can whip out mass Cho-Ko-Nus + spears (if he has horses). The late game favors him so you should get rid of him before that is a problem.

Yeah, I think I'm slowly coming to agreement here. Not necessarily the specifics - Drama is a lot of extra tech atm, not to mention getting all the theatres down, etc - but that we need to hit him soon and hope Dave piles on after we do the heavy lifting.

Cats are in production - CKN will have to wait a bit, though. Machinery, also a lot of tech atm.

Getting sloppy with the reports basically because Nobbiekins has stopped reporting the turns he plays while I'm at work. tongue

Nothing has really happened internationally the last two turns. Commodore resettled the marble with an appropriate garrison this time:

[Image: t84a.jpg]

That's okay, really. I don't foresee us competing on a marble wonder until Taj. Dave's been settling a city a turn for like the last 4 turns. Bout time, killer.

We're preparing to settle our second to last city in 2t. Sadly, not quite as far ahead of the game as Alcarnus was, but that's the price of chopping out a wonder.

[Image: t84b.jpg]

Other than that, we're mostly building wonders and cats. lol

[Image: t84c.jpg]

Moai finishes next turn after a Galley whip this turn. The Great Wall was just a place to store a chop for some failgold later, super-profitable with OR and Stone. AP also finishes next turn, when the chops come in. We'd have a bunch of temples done already but we held off because Noble is always scared to lose. smile

Monarchy was in @EOT, hence the title. Onto CoL or Feud next, still deciding. Any questions?

[Image: t84d.jpg]

rego, are you speculating what the change of player for the bad guys in yellow will do to the game? tongue

NobleHelium Wrote:rego, are you speculating what the change of player for the bad guys in yellow will do to the game? tongue

Do I need an excuse to post???

Oh no! I did it again!!lol

The main news of the turn was wonder-related, which I suppose one could have gathered from the F1 last turn. Though the biggest news wasn't anything we did:

[Image: t85a.jpg]

Ichabod built the Great Library. I feel as though I perhaps should post in the Banter thread an instructional video on how to use a Great Engineer for Dave. Just madness that basically everything he could possibly want right now has fallen to someone else. Anyway, not really much else happened. We finished chopping around Leoric's Manor and...

[Image: t85b.jpg]

With AP in hand, we decided to research Meditation at lowest possible slider to avail ourselves Jewish Monasteries. Its not as simple as that, but when you basically add a free PH Mine to every city, its a pretty good deal. Of course production isn't really the problem right now - its the part where Commodore and Ichabod are likely to surge ahead in tech soon that is.

What we need right now is to push out another GP for a GA. Unfortunately, despite being Spiritual we're relying quite heavily on the whip in getting new cities started and can't really afford the 5t swap to CS to get some GPP generated in force. Also - we don't have CoL. tongue Our last full city gets founded next turn - Dahlgur Oasis at the Corn. Then there's just the Deer city and land we take by conquest.

We continued exploring Yuriland and found some nice green land with some dyes. To some extent, attacking Yuri is pretty attractive right now - we could replace his trade routes with Dave's and he's totally focused on Ichabod. Unfortunately, Yuri is a valuable buffer against being 'Phracted and with that era coming sooner rather than later it seems a bad play to try and find a border with Mistabod.

[Image: t85c.jpg]

Worth mentioning, we completed construction on the main portion of the NobleCanal® and are shuffling our new galley to the inner lake for the possibility of threatening Holy Roman waters. There is quite literally nothing he can do about it and denying him some of that lovely 2/0/4 coast should he get aggressive with us appeals greatly.

[Image: t85d.jpg]

Check out rival best GNP. yikes

[Image: t85e.jpg]

Played turn 86.

[Image: events86.jpg]

So yeah, it seems davy spent his GE on...the Parthenon. huh Parthenon is not that good dude... He also got another GS, and teched Alphabet. I assume he'll bulb Philosophy next to finally get a religion. In terms of tech comparison, we are up Monarchy, Construction, and Theology on him, and he is up Archery, Alphabet, Code of Laws, and Aesthetics. So about even, I think we're up like 100 beakers.

[Image: overview86.jpg]

We founded our new city of Dahlgur Oasis. The corn farm will be finished next turn with three workers. We won't have a chop ready for the Granary, but I think we might whip that and preserve forests for the NE anyway.

[Image: domestic86.jpg]

We're mostly building religious buildings. WC is currently running deficit food to push out a GP.

[Image: commozul86.jpg]

Commozul is engaging in some fishy behavior on the border here. The jungle to the SE of that tile is riverside, so if he were cottaging it makes sense to do that one instead of the tile the worker is on. So he might very well be roading that. Thus we are doing a precautionary spearman build instead of the monastery that we want to do.

[Image: explore86.jpg]

Over in the east, we discovered yet another unclaimed second ring food resource for yuris. I don't think he's built a Monument or missionary all game.

[Image: demos86.jpg]

The Everest GNP from last turn was Mistabod. He's presumably gone down to that 327 number this turn after finishing whatever his tech was.