As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[spoilers]Commodore is Tokugawa of Zulu, or, playing for second place.

So this spy thing is annoying.

[Image: pb5e.jpg]

I've been trying to let the spies sit and pick up stationary bonus but we seem to be losing 1 a turn. I spoke briefly with Commodore and he suggested we tech Polytheism so we could steal slightly more valuable techs from Cyneheard, so I finished off Poly @40%. I think I might just go for it and steal mono at only 2t stationary spy next turn because I'd like to get these techs in. Once we're done stealing, probably just go for guilds rather than engineering since we're more setup for offense than defense.

Other than that, just trying to get the workers over to the new cities because unlike Commodore at some point I'd rather grow onto new tiles than see just how high the whip anger counter can go. wink

Other short term objectives:
  • Spread Christianity around after we get Mono in (AP Religion)
  • Get a source of Stone so we can get much overdue Moai in Brillig

That's it. To that end I asked Nakor for stone this turn. Not expecting much, but worth a shot. We also got Yuri-graphs, so I swapped EP to Krill. Here's the relevant one:

[Image: pb5f.jpg]

Rego's spiking but Yuri looks like he's in okay shape. I can't imagine anyone would be retarded enough to attack us. But you never know.
I've got some dirt on my shoulder, can you brush it off for me?

Now we are saved!

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0746.JPG]

In all seriousness, it's going to be hard not to swap into Bureaucracy once we steal Monarchy next turn. In-the-Wabe had a bit retarded growth, but it's quite decent now. Vassalage is a way better economic choice until Cyneheard dies, though. Still, once all these tiles are towns...

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0747.JPG]

I said something back to Rego. I have no idea what.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0748.JPG]

Need like five more pop in Jubjub Bird. Opted for an archer (longbow) over the mace. We're Pro too!

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0749.JPG]

Thanks for all this, Gaspar!
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

Welcome back, fearless leader!

Hopefully I didn't screw things up too much whilst you were away, apparently you have a much more magical touch as it regards espionage.
I've got some dirt on my shoulder, can you brush it off for me?

Gaspar Wrote:Welcome back, fearless leader!

Hopefully I didn't screw things up too much whilst you were away, apparently you have a much more magical touch as it regards espionage.

Well, all claims on having a touch are gone now as I opted to steal Monarchy, forgetting "foment revolt" was an option. So, I'm going to lose 'Ware Jabberwock:

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0762.JPG]

As the turn is going to wait on Azza anyway; [SIZE="4"]MECHANICS QUESTION![/SIZE] So when I captured Pingo's city, I held it for about a dozen turns and when they retook it, it was in revolt for them before popping back full borders. What are the mechanics about this? I need to figure out if Xenia/Ware Jabberwock will be in revol when Cyneheard takes it.

What would be the point of fomenting a revolt?

SevenSpirits Wrote:What would be the point of fomenting a revolt?

To pop Lafayette's borders back, allowing me to pillage that road that is allowing him to move that stack two tiles (with those two workers). Still unbreakable peace treaty, and he's already moved so I'm going second in the war next turn.

As far as I know, "foment revolt" the only thing it does is remove the cultural defense of the city for a turn. I'm not sure if he would lose a turn of production, though. Probably not.

To pop a city's borders "back" you would need to run a "spread culture" in the city if you have bazillions of spies, EPs and some % of your own culture in the city.

About the question per se, I think it has to do with the culture % in the city? if you have more than 50% culture in a city it won't revolt when you capture it? I don't know. I think it probably is more than that.

Oh. Well, I feel better about that one. Still curious about the anarchy-on-capture mechanic, which I believe RB hasn't touched.

I honestly don't know. it will probably go into anarchy. I have rarely had cities I lose not go into revolt when I take them back in single player games... but like I said... that's rare. I think it's pretty likely that it will revolt.
Completed:  PBEM 34g (W), 36 , 35 , 5o, 34s, 5p, 42, 48 and PB 9, 18, 27, 57

Current:  PB 52.  Boudicca of Maya

Being able to remove the culture would be incredibly overpowered and almost as ridiculous as swapping civics. You could found a city on that turn for example.